NAD T751 5.1 Channels Receiver A/V Receivers

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The NAD T751 brings the virtues of high performance surround sound, including satisfying power for reproducing movie spectaculars at realistic volume, to a modest-priced and easy to use receiver with Dolby Digital, DTS, and the exclusive EARS circuitry for multi-channel music. By doing away with many costly and superfluous features, NAD's engineers concentrated only on the truly important parts of an A/V receiver. As the new Digital Surround Sound formats allow for the same wide bandwidth and large dynamic range for the front channels as the rear channels, all five channels are capable of putting out an equal amount of power. As usual with NAD, the T751 uses discrete output stages only, including the surround channels. The ISC topology allows the T751 to deliver maximum performance under virtually any circumstance, independent of the loudspeakers it is driving. The circuitry automatically recognizes the impedance characteristics of the loudspeaker and will then adjust its power supply settings to best cop...

Submitted by dlscwby10 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2011

Bottom Line:
I picked this AV amp up in 2001 for my surround system. I love the warm sound of this amp but have had numerous problems with channels cutting out and digital feeds. Too bad - I'm now using it as a 2 channel integrated for music only listening.

I've read and heard that this is not an uncommon problem with NAD avr's (and some CD's as well). I've had my amp in to the plant in Pickering twice and had it repaired a 3rd time by an independent as NAD service sucks. They also make PSB speakers there and funny enough I've had the same service problem with my sub. Went in and came out the same thrice.

I wouldn't risk purchasing another NAD or PSB product again due to the service issues.

Submitted by mike_mcf a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2009

Bottom Line:
This unit had great sound quality, a nice design, lots of features, and was well priced. After about 5 years, it started to buzz and I had to replace output caps (about $150 from the manufacturer). A couple of years after that the display went dead, which was a power supply problem ($200). I sold it on eBay and the output stage blew up, so I had to refund the Buyer.

Overall, a pretty nice unit, but build quality is nothing like the NADs of old. The repair guy says that he has lots of problems with NAD AV receivers (amps are no problem though).