NAD T743
Description: <ul> <li>5.1 Analogue Input (for DVD-Audio)</li> <li>Speaker A + B switching (Speakers B stereo only)</li> <li>2 x IR Outputs, IR Input</li> <li>2 x 12V Trigger Outputs, 12V Trigger Input</li> <li>Preamp Outputs for all 5.1 channels (2 Subwoofers)</li> <li>Amplifier Input for 3 amplifier channels</li> <li>RDS FM/AM Tuner with 30 direct access presets</li> <li>HTR-2 - 8 Device Illuminated Learning Remote with Macro function</li> </ul>

Submitted by Nacho a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2015

Bottom Line:
I've had several appliances Nad both stereo and multichannel, and T743 very best that I've had, the only low noise q I noticed it is the fan used to lower the temperature when used at high volume and heated I recommend it 100%.

Submitted by Iain Stewart a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2014

Bottom Line:
This is the worst receiver that I have ever owned.

I have always had a good opinion of NAD products until I bought this NAD T 743 as a replacement for my old NAD receiver that perished in a house fire.

There is a highly audible buzz emitted by the amplifier, at any volume, that is very distressing. Even the cheapest amps that I have ever listened to sound better than this piece of junk.

I brought it back to the dealer to have it "repaired" and was told that is the way it was designed and there was nothing they could do about it.

Now that the front right channel only works when I thump the receiver up and down several times, I am looking forward to replacing it with a mass market brand that will probably sound much better and cost a lot less.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by Aadjo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought this NAD-743 second hand. Overall I a m very pleased with stereo sound reproduction.
Hoever when it comes to DTS, 5:1 (SACD) DTS or even Dolby there is a very annoying tone coming from the cenrter channel -INDEPENDENT- of volume, in other words the sound is there form -68dB all the way to +6 dB at the same intensity,but completely gone at volume at -00. It seems this is a common flaw in this model and corrected in the NAD-743-v2.

Too bad for all these T-743 owners like me.

Workaround for this problem:

use low-sensitive center speaker or use a L-PAD (or e.g. 24 ohm 20Watt resistor in series) to reduce the power to the center and then adjust teh indivdual center speaker volume setting accordingly. The tone is then dimmed, but still audible from listing position...

Submitted by rogers54 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2009

Bottom Line:
Bought used off Ebay a year ago. Excellent sound. Warm and clear with great depth. Sounds like more than 50 watts a channel in Stereo Mode. Makes my Harman Kardon sound cold and without body. Reminds me of some Carver seperates I had years ago. I am using this with some modified B&W CDM 1's. In a small to medium room this reciever has plenty of power unless you are really into SPL's. All the functions work well and is easy to set up. Unit does not run as hot as most of the recievers I have had. Over all hard to beat. I believe this reciever won product of the year several years ago when it came out. I can see why. If you can get a good deal on a used one you will be very pleased.

Submitted by Mulpha a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2006

Bottom Line:
KICK ASS for $.
It's intuitive and auto configs to best sound for whatever you're watching / listening.