NAD 716AV A/V Receivers

4.26/5 (19 Reviews) MSRP : $749.00

205W A/V Dolby PL, 55Wx3, 20Wx2

Submitted by jarunam a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2016

Bottom Line:
i just purchased a NAD 716 and Maudent short ms 10 for my room. I was taken aback by the sheer size of the NAD was very skeptical until i fixed it up using professional 16 gauge wire and bought a super TERK FM indoor Arial and fixed it up.

The FM broadcast where i live is 1st class. and i was really impressed by the clarity and and solid bass even at low volume less than 9 o clock the music came out nice and articulated with clear precise bass notes on all FM stations I tuned into. I am waiting to hook up a cd player soon

I could actually hear the different equalization of the stations some sounded very neutral some warm and nice wow but all sounded incredibly clear.
i am really enjoing my Music and boy those small maudent short babes really sound super though, small in size give out a the full bass notes albeit the loss of the very lowest end of bass note. but i did not miss anything. the high were precise and the mids and stereo stage was classy. Voices were so articulate and and The Mixing of different songs came out well.
NADS CD/LINE input and lo behold it works and am listing to all my song collection in my smart phone without any loss of frequency you only need to open volume to 10 o clock and use any equalization from the amp or phone. Super,

what a Buy and guess what I paid only Usd 190 for both from a friend.. I have listened to the onkyo, marantz and Denon sounds but this Nad will show the way for more higher price av amps costing five to six tomes the price in terms of sound.

And I believe this is NADS first av amplifier. Its amazing it will still blow the most of the competition away,

Submitted by Marco a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2012

Bottom Line:
AV 716
Still amazing!

Submitted by Hifidelity Hobby a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2012

Bottom Line:
From Malaysia
Strengths:good tight deep bass,clarity of tweeter is more than i expected.have enough power to drive most of my speaker.REAL POWER!

Weaknesses:i,m very pleased

Submitted by Harshan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2011

Bottom Line:
It's a good product and outstanding perfromance

Submitted by John Stoddart a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2007

Bottom Line:
NAD will list their favourable reviews ad nauseum, and there is no doubt their products sport excellent tech specs. The AV 716 is no exception. Decent power, useful features - I particularly like the ability to play different inputs over main and remote speakers. BUT, and this is a huge but, use them over a number of years and you're in for disappointment. I own three NAD products including this one, and all exhibit similar characteristics. In a nutshell, how do they do it, you ask, such great specs for so little (relatively) money? I suspect they cut corners on components. My AV 716 has become virtually unusable over the years because speakers cut out, or fizz, continuously. Two attempts to get help from NAD's electronic support team resulted in (after lengthy delays, maybe they were all on vacation) one virtual non-response and, finally, an explanation that my "relays are carboned-up". Last time I had this kind of problem was more than thirty years ago with my first amp, a very cheap product in the early days of stereo. I'm not about to lay out the cost of a new amp to get this one serviced, so I have to write it off to experience. But I'll say this: I've owned all kinds of hi-fi equipment over the years, including several products rated at, or near, the top in their class (e.g. Quad Electrostatic speakers). My NAD products are by far the worst I have purchased. Never again.

Purchased At:   Commercial Electroni