NAD 716AV A/V Receivers

4.22/5 (18 Reviews) MSRP : $749.00

205W A/V Dolby PL, 55Wx3, 20Wx2

Submitted by Marco a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2012

Bottom Line:
AV 716
Still amazing!

Submitted by Hifidelity Hobby a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2012

Bottom Line:
From Malaysia
Strengths:good tight deep bass,clarity of tweeter is more than i expected.have enough power to drive most of my speaker.REAL POWER!

Weaknesses:i,m very pleased

Submitted by Harshan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2011

Bottom Line:
It's a good product and outstanding perfromance

Submitted by John Stoddart a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2007

Bottom Line:
NAD will list their favourable reviews ad nauseum, and there is no doubt their products sport excellent tech specs. The AV 716 is no exception. Decent power, useful features - I particularly like the ability to play different inputs over main and remote speakers. BUT, and this is a huge but, use them over a number of years and you're in for disappointment. I own three NAD products including this one, and all exhibit similar characteristics. In a nutshell, how do they do it, you ask, such great specs for so little (relatively) money? I suspect they cut corners on components. My AV 716 has become virtually unusable over the years because speakers cut out, or fizz, continuously. Two attempts to get help from NAD's electronic support team resulted in (after lengthy delays, maybe they were all on vacation) one virtual non-response and, finally, an explanation that my "relays are carboned-up". Last time I had this kind of problem was more than thirty years ago with my first amp, a very cheap product in the early days of stereo. I'm not about to lay out the cost of a new amp to get this one serviced, so I have to write it off to experience. But I'll say this: I've owned all kinds of hi-fi equipment over the years, including several products rated at, or near, the top in their class (e.g. Quad Electrostatic speakers). My NAD products are by far the worst I have purchased. Never again.

Purchased At:   Commercial Electroni

Submitted by Erik a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
Just to say this is the best A/V I have had i love it more then my nad pre amp and amp .the sound is great!

Purchased At:   chicago audio