Marantz SR8002 A/V Receivers

Let s begin with the obvious THX Select2 certification. It s your assurance that, in addition to the power you ll need to fill average-sized rooms with theater-quality sound (125 watts continuous from each of its seven amplifiers), other performance parameters like signal-to-noise and distortion are absolutely first class. Then there are the Marantz touches. A toroidal-based power supply. Current feedback amplification. An anti-interference copper plated chassis that s less than 16 deep so it will fit in more places easily. Adding to the audio flexibility is a 3rd Zone output (with an individually selectable source!) to make your SR8001 the center of a whole house distributed audio system. On the A/V side, the SR8002 features HDMI switching (version 1.3) for up to four sources and two display devices. And there s format conversion to HDMI with Time Base Correction so even your older video sources will look their best.

Submitted by wowo5 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2009

Bottom Line:
Excellent receiver if you are looking for great sound. It offers everything I need from a AV receiver. It does not have the latest video features like upconverting from 480i to 1080p but it coes cover video switching well (4 HDMI inputs, 2 outputs). If you need upconverting from 480i or 480p you should check competing models from Denon, Onkyo, Pioneer or Yamaha. Excellent sound reproduction is this receivers strong suit. I had separates before so I know what I am talking about. I also love HD radio which few receivers offer. I bought mine at 30% off regular price which I though is a great bargain. Remote is confusing at first but that could be said about just about any AV receiver nowadays.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by ITZIK a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2008

Bottom Line:
I purchase the sr8002 avr for my bedroom new setup, along
with the b&w 683.
and let start from the and: it's a great receiver great built
and a perfect match for the b&w 683 !!!
before I connect it in my bedroom the setup was temporarily in my living room
beside my main HT that consist on denon 4308 and kef IQ9.
yap' I now a very unique A/B for the b&w vs kef and the denon 4308 vs sr8002,
but...that I will not go into all the details about the A/B becose.....
the review is on the sr8002.
as the both of the receiver are from the real first class "AVR ORDER"
I must say that in terms of value for money the sr8002 is the best
sounding receiver I could found from the bunch. ( did I mentioned that I
have the HK 7300 In my son bedroom for 3 years but it not in the same class
to my point of view in any factor with the above: low built quality, not clean sound
sometime a bit harsh, some time malfanction, sorry but that the way it is
for me. )
to the sr8002 again: it's very fine built component and the best way to describe the sound is almost tube amp! the sound of a past good stereo equipment.
it's powerful in the bass department and very clean and subtle and smooth
in the treble department,the mid is stable and a bit warm,and as a result
very relax to listen to for long hours that to me more than all the above
is the best factor to consider,as I'm listening for log periods to
prog' rock, classical music, jazz and o' in a w' country.
I'm strongly recommend sr8002 and with the b&w 683 it work the best for me!

Price Paid:    $1900.00

Submitted by enrique a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2008

Bottom Line:
I"m fist going to aggree with the previous poster.I also replaced a rotel withe te sr8002.Replaced an rsx1056.The sr8002 even thouh i've nly moderately have tested it in the short time i've had it supassed the rotel tremendously.As good as the rotel was.The marantz has better soundstage,imaging,power you name it.I'm sure it will get even better as time goes by.All the new audio codecs this unit provides with hdmi is just a plus to the SQ.Usability is user friendy.

Submitted by gkoldham a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2008

Bottom Line:
As of early 2008, I found this to be the best receiver for the money in regard to my top priority: Sound Quality. I compared this head to head with the Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH and the Onkyo TX-NR905. It beat them hands down, although of ALL the receivers I listened to, my second choice would have been the Pioneer. I also listened to the current Yamahas (RX-V3800 & RX-V1800), as well as the Denon AVR-3808CI. SQ with the Marantz is equal to if not better than my previous Rotel RSX-1065, plus it has the advantage of being up to date with HDMI 1.3 and Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD Master Audio codecs. I'm running this with the Panasonic DMP-BD30K blu-ray player through Canton Ergos (1002 DC, CM 502 center & 300 DC surrounds. I mention so you will have an idea of capability of the Marantz. The Cantons operate between 4-8 ohms, and fill our 3200 cf home theater with ease. I've had it a month at this point, and am still discovering all the little "tweaks" you can do with an A/V receiver.

Purchased At:   onecall.com