Marantz SR7300 A/V Receivers

4.4/5 (10 Reviews)

105 Watts X 6 (SACD/DVD-A Ready All Discrete Amplifiers 192kHz/24bit D/A Converters) Dolby Digital EX®,Pro Logic II®, DTS ES®(Discrete 6.1,Matrix 6.1, Neo: 6),SRS Circle Surround® II(6.1) Multi-Zone / Multi-Room audio and video output

Submitted by Jay_Krew a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2004

Bottom Line:
The 7300 OSE has great value there is no doubt about that. I purchase it to replace my Technics SA-DX930 wich I have high regards for. I found upgrading from the Marantz from my Technics receiver to be a significant jump but not leaping if you know what I mean. The sound stage is great for theater I found that I need to change my speaker positioning as I found the sound very directional. The receiver has many a lot of setup work involved and its kind and changing one setting is kind of like someone adjusting your seat in your car, once you adjust it its virtually impossible to get back to the original seating position. :). I found the sound to be not has bright although this seemed at first to be a draw back I found that there was much more clarity to things that mattered such as voice, explosions etc. I found the sound to be very natural as opposed to processed. I found the sound very detailed this was great but I ended noticing actual flaws in the production of some DVDs and CDs so there is something to be said about overly detailed but Ill let you be the judge.

Purchased At:   accessories4less.com

Submitted by nk_surfer a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is the first time I buy a Marantz product and all I can say is that they are of top quality and finish. SR7300 is no exception to that. I wanted to buy a HT receiver which would not compromise the quality of stereo sound. SR7300 is the way to go.
The stereo sound is exceptional for a HT receiver of this price range. Sound is very warm, dynamic and quick. Trebles are warm and clear and bass is well-placed and fast. Midrange is also beautiful, crisp and clear. It tends to prevail weaknesseses of other sources and speakers, as well as extra details from recordings, you had never noticed.
As fas as HT is concerned, it does very efficient signal processing and parts that are used in the construction level are of top quality. There are not so many different sound and stage presets to play with (such as in a Yamaha) but I think that all this is unnecessary and it's more like a toy that you'll only use it once and throw it away.
Finish is top-notch (mine is gold) and gives the impression that it's going to last for many many years. The feel of buttons is excellent (i.e. nothing like Sony). The receiver do gets warm but not hot, so not a problem there. I have been using it for a year now, and it has worked flawlessly.
The only complaint I have is that it cannot drive difficult, low-impedance speakers in very high volumes. So try using 8-ohm speakers with this receiver.
Other than that, I have no complaint, I am happy with my purchase and even more happy with the sound I am getting out of it both in stereo and HT modes.

Purchased At:   Best Buy Electronics

Submitted by heijenga a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2004

Bottom Line:
This av receiver has an excellent sound.
The sound processor chip used is verry good.
I can hear a very high en soft sound comming out of the tweeters B&W 604 s3 only when iam playing not with source direct.

Purchased At:   TELEPOINT

Submitted by Sim a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2004

Bottom Line:
The built of the amp is awesome. Marantz is using Elna capacitors for the amp with two 22K Elna audio grade capacitors for power reserve. With the powerful CS49400 processor and Crystal DACs for all channels, this amp truely stands out in 5.1 channels. If anyone is thinking of the 5300/6300, I would STRONGLY recommend them to spend more to get the 7300.

For DTS tracks, the difference is very clear cut compared to 43/53/6300. The cirrus logic CS49400 is far more powerful than the CS49326 used by those 3 lower models and more capable in decoding DTS tracks. Subtle details in movies/concerts that were never heard b4 are now noticeable. When serveral instruments are playing at once, the sound never got cluttered unlike the lower models. Dobly tracks are equally impressive.

As for stereo, detail is again astonishing. Imaging is great and with more 100W per channel, there is adequate power for most bookshelf speakers. The sound is more dynamic too.

Compared this to the NAD, the SR7300 is better than the T742/752 but wasn't as good as the T762. Stereo is just as good (NAD sounds warmer) but NAD is more dynamic in 5.1. I believe the reason for this is power. T762 uses a torroid transformer which delivers more power than the 7300.

To improve things, I gave the 7300 Pro gold treatment. I clean all internal connections with pro gold spray and I also reinforce the power lines with 12AWG solid core copper shielded cable.

This little mod with pro gold further improves the sound. The detail is better. High frequencies sounds more realistic. The symbol clashes sounds more realistic with the viration of the brass more visible. The focus and imaging also improved.

The version I have came with an IEC socket and not fixed cord. However, the socket connection pins sucks. Its more a solid metal but made of folded tin plated brass plate.

Purchased At:   Aplha Audio

Submitted by ben baumgartner a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
first let me say i have a friend that owns a upscale hifi shop so when things come in he asks me to try it out, great for me because i don't have to buy much stuff. ok i was using a b&k 507 for some time when he picked up the marantz line he needed the 507 for a custom install so i took home the 7300 i have had most of the integras the upscale kenwoods the yamahas and more, the first thing that i noticed was the musical sound of this receiver it is fantastic on par with the b&k for 3000.00 less i will still try all of the new receivers that he carries but this one shure sounds great i did't notice much difference fron the ose version if you are in the market for a excellent unit check it out

Purchased At:   smart home theatre

Marantz SR7300

awrite ppl, wanted to ask the experts on what they say abt Marantz SR7300. i was planning to buy one, getting a really good deal on a second hand one... cheers in advance...Read More »

SFLAT: