Marantz SR6200 A/V Receivers

4.33/5 (42 Reviews)

Marantz SR-6200 Dolby Digital & Dolby Pro-Logic II Receiver

Submitted by Mark Hall a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have owned this receiver since September 2001 in a basement built in home theatre set-up. For supporting DVD and television viewing it is excellent. For serious music listening, I use a different system, but the Marantz will deliver good if not excellent quality sound. My unit has never had a failure and still sounds as good today as the day that I purchased it.

Submitted by Troy Erler a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have owned my Marantz SR6200 for over 7 years now. Durring this time it has performed without a single hickup and it has survived severall moves. I wish I could say that about the Marantz 5 disc changer I had! I use this amp/reciever daily for my TV sound as well as music. For music and movies I am feeding my Marantz with a Yamaha S2300MK2 multi player and drive 2 Mirage 1295is speakers and a M&K MX150THX sub. I can say this system sounds very nice and has enough distortion free volume for a 14'x 25' living room. It has the ability to shake and startle anyone durring a movie! I especialy like listening to older stuff from Ella Fitzgerald and Nat King Cole and appreciate the dirrect button/feature which can be used for either digital or analog mode. This amp actualy provides smooth tube like sound when in analog dirrect mode and using the components I currently am using. The large knobs are extremely smooth to this day and the unit feels to be of high build quality. It also looks great on my stand. Although this Marantz model may not provide audiophile sound quality it's certainly knocking at the underside. The remote is easy to set up to learn other components and works well but is so black that the lights will need to be turned on durring a movie if you need to change things which seems to always be the case. I am pleased overall with how reliable and great sounding this amp has been.

Troy Erler

Submitted by franklurz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2008

Bottom Line:
I had my Marantz SR6200 receiver for about 2 years when the output for the right front speaker simply died. Now, a year later, what's left of the system crackles, pops, and sometimes makes loud booming noises. A reputable, local electronics repair says the main processor signal board is "bad" and say their repair costs would be prohibitively expensive. I used to think one couldn't go wrong with products from Marantz, but it looks like after the cost of parts (if they can get them), labor, and shipping back and forth to Marantz's repair facility, this receiver is likely to cost nearly twice what I paid for it. I see they don't make the SR6200 anymore. Hardly surprising. A 3-year lifespan isn't what I expected from Marantz.

Purchased At:   cambridge soundworks

Submitted by beruka a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2005

Bottom Line:
Hardly needs more reviews but I will do it any way.

For the casual listener wanting an HT set-up spending more than this model may be pointless. The model is discontinued however. I have not had any quality issues and keep the 6 chanel amp well ventilated and not abused. I run with EnergyEncore speakers.

I use about 10% of the hook ups. I run a universal DVD+RW with built in tuner to it. The only input is TV/DIG3. I run the subwoofer from the preout subwoofer jack. Connection quality is very good. Running as TV enables the TV_ENABLE function to turn unit on off.

The power rating would be listed as higher if this were a made by others. More than enough for a sane person in an 16 X 12 feet room.

I run the energy encores as large speakers as recommended, and what a difference. The one complaint is low-midrange not entirely crisp, but thats a HT system. I might reconfigure through the high level inputs and turn off the subwoofer present set up.

I don't know what the fuss about the remote is. It is just OK. I think people started a mudslide for some reason.

Purchased At:   Local Retailer

Submitted by Johnny Farm a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2005

Bottom Line:
This Receivers is GREAT. Fantastic in Music Stereo and very clear and natural sound. Very Good build quality like all
Marantz.