Marantz SR4600 7.1 Channels Receiver A/V Receivers

The most affordable of Marantz?s audio/video receivers, the SR4600 would earn a welcome place near the top of most of our competitors? offerings. Indeed, the SR4600 is far more than you might expect!

Submitted by kevin combs a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2012

Bottom Line:
I find it funny to even attempt to put this receiver down. However we do have some folks doing just that... the sr4600 literally is the Rolls Royce of receivers at a Cadillac price. It fills the room with such rich vibrant sound. Regardless of the mode it is in... I have the follwing hooked up to the Marantz sr4600. speakers: $ Bose 301's and for the center channel speaker Jbl it sounds great as well. then for the bottom lows I just acquired an Acoustic research subwoofer and believe me I am a musician and I am completely blown away by the sounds of clarity the resonate out of my system. Bose are often put down as well but I have 2 older ones and 2 newer ones for my surround speakers and the old ones which were made in 1977 are still crysal clear. I have a total of 3 thousand dollars including my Sharpe blu ray and feel like I am blessed to have this incredibly sounding system. all musicians especially ones like me who have recorded albums and etc. want a great sound system. I also have the Marantz hooked up to my Samsung LCD 46 inch TV. movies and almost anything including drum videos, live concert footage of the legendary bands of yesterday sound absolutely great as well... so for anyone thinking of the ultimate receiver save your money and realize there are no better receivers made than the Marantz.

Submitted by Rhedey Miklos a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2007

Bottom Line:
If you love the warm and detailed sound, don`t hesitate. Is a good product for the price paid, but the poor dinamics and modest power make it not so attractive like NAD or Cambridge Audio.

Purchased At:   2006