Marantz SR4500 A/V Receivers

• SRS TruSurround headphone
  • Solid metal front panel

Submitted by Mainul Haque a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2006

Bottom Line:
I love to listen to Loud music Specially when I play some action movies........and I tell U its AMAZING !!!!!! Within this price range you won't get nothing better than this. It is one of the best Amp I had so far.......it has replaced my Harmon Kardon with 100% satisfaction.

Purchased At:   Dhaka/Bangladesh

Submitted by nicopineda a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2006

Bottom Line:
Very well balanced receiver. Good for audio and home theater applications. Moderately priced at this power range. Very useful features. Can deliver enormous amount of power and can drive almost any speaker. Handles any type of music and movies very well. Excellently built receiver. Superior amplifier section. Remote control needs improvement.

Purchased At:   5th Avenue Park Squa

Submitted by accastil a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2006

Bottom Line:
a bit bright especially on HT. lacks power during HT. overall sound is nice

Purchased At:   shangrila mall makat

Submitted by johnt1974 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2005

Bottom Line:
Overall an excellent AV receiver.

The amplification section is excellent (see Strenghts).

Has all DTS and Dolby decoding algorithms for 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound.

Does not have all of the bells (such as component upconversion and automatic speaker calibration), but missing these features is a minor point.

Almost as musical as my NAD C320BEE integrated amp, which I use for stereo recordings.

The Marantz SR4500 is being replaced by the SR4600. The SR4600 has all of the SR4500 features plus HDCD decoding and a detachable power cord. I purchased the Marantz SR4500 for $275 at clearance. I could not justify the extra $125 for HDCD decoding because my CD player is hooked to a NAD C320BEE for stereo recordings.

Purchased At:   Cambridge Soundworks

Submitted by bogart a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2005

Bottom Line:
I bought this receiver in Dubai and used it with my polk audio monitor series speakers. The sound was very good, clear, raw and likewise the design and the technology. The only thing I don't like is when I tried to connect my sub in the SW preout, it doesn't have an audio signal. I called the store and even the tech support of Marantz, but there's nothing that they can do about the problem. So as a remedy, I connected my sub in the cd lineout to get this things work.

Purchased At:   Tones & Colors

Harman Kardon AVR135 OR Marantz SR4500?

I'm debating between these 2 receivers. I used to have an H/K AVR100 and was very happy with it but I hear great things about Marantz and can pick up the SR4500 for only $120 cdn $ more. I will be using for about 65% HT and 35% stereo music listening. I'm concerned more with sound quality and i ... Read More »

Denon AVR1905 or Marantz SR4500. Which one better for music?

Hi, i'm trying to build my AV system and i want to have good music performance. I'm confuse to choose between Denon AVR 1905 and Marantz SR 4500. Which one will bring better performance in music? Or should i go for more expensive receiver like Denon AVR 2805 to have good music performance? I'm plann ... Read More »

Wood Technology: