Marantz SR-8500 A/V Receivers

• IR Flasher inputs and DC triggers
  • RDS Tuner Built In

Submitted by cooley a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2015

Bottom Line:
The marantz sr8500 is a BIG step up for me. I have been using junk Sony and JVC equipment for years and I have really been missing out. I am almost exclusively 2.1 stereo for music and rarely any surround sound. Paid $100 for this on craigslist and another $40 on Ebay for a remote.

Could not be more happy. Powerful and clean. Drives my Bose 4001's and Polk monitor 10A's nicely cut off @ 80 hertz and running an M&K v-125 sub to do the grunt work.

If you come across one of these for cheap do not pass it up. I also recommend the Yamaha rx-v8070........ $40 on craigslist. It feels like I stole that one.......sweet.

Submitted by lukeluke35 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2005

Bottom Line:
Well, what can I say marantz did it well on this price right home theater reciever.I had own audiophile grade home theater set up like the AED 8800 PRO processor using the INTEGRA research 7 channel amp RDA7.I have to down grade to this 8500 marantz but I was really surprise for this unit. I have now a smaller listening room and this reciever did a really good job on satisfying my taste for good processing and warm powerful sound.

Purchased At:   audiolab hawaii