Marantz SR-8000 A/V Receivers

4.58/5 (92 Reviews) MSRP : $1300.00

The Marantz SR-8000 Digital Surround Receiver The SR-8000 features both Dolby Digital and DTS decoding and 96/24 audio capability. 105 watts x 5 channels.

Submitted by Dave Jansma a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2008

Bottom Line:
I bougth this as a replacement for my old Sony str911 after reading all the reviews on this web site r/t Marantz recievers. I primary use it hooked up to my pc to listen to audio sorces on line.( mostly blues ,jass ,and classic rock ).

PC: 8 gigs of ram with a digal optical HD 5.1audio .
Wireless mouse and keyboard
Marantz sr 8000.
Sony KDL 32s2400 LCD monitor
Sound Dynamics speakers (5) with 10" powered sub (250 Watts)

Also
Panasonic DVD-s35
Sony SLV-m20HF VCR
Wii

SO far LOVE it great sound( depending on Web source).COuld not have of picked a better receiver for the price.Just wants me sit and listen for hours with great sound seperation. The 5.1 stereo makes it feel like you are at a live show with acurate left center rigth placement
Would recomend this to any one looking either a second system base or to someone on a buget.
Remote ( RC2000 ) works for every thing. But does eat batteries.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by ric a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have owned the Marantz for about 4 years now and have never had a problem. The learning remote is a bit cumbersome both physically and mechanically but it works great. Having purchased a Hsu subwoofer (great product) I realized that one limitation of the Marantz is its non adjustable crossover if plugged into the sub-out, which means that you have to use the sub out of the pre-out for the front speakers--I wish I had known this a long time ago! This also allows you to have your sub activated in the direct mode which it did not do when the sub was plugged into the sub-out. Another potential pain is that the "peak" indicator light comes on (and off) with certain cd's that are recorded "hotter" than others I suppose. This may not be a problem with other cd players, but it was with mine, which means that at times I would have to switch from analog to digital out in order to get rid of the peak indicator which cause some unwanted (overload) noise. As far as the Marantz' sound I need to say that I found myself wanting more (so what else is new) and eventually purchased a used VAC Avatar which hooks up to the L/R pre-out and allows me to power the front speakers with the VAC and I still can use the Marantz remote. I love the sound of the tubed Avatar so one thing I want to warn about is if the audio bug hits, you may want to get an additional amp for the fronts. I am glad I did not upgrade the whole surround receiver with another receiver because the trade off in sound quality would not have been as effective. Overall the Marantz has been a good product with the exception of what I have mentioned.

Purchased At:   Monterey Stereo

Submitted by Grandalf28 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
When I first purchased the Sr-8000 I was a little stumped on how to get it up and running. But, after a little bit of time spent reading the manual a few times, and a call to Marantz America, I finally got it to "make noise". From that moment it was just clear sailing and big warm smiles. I feel like I got a great deal on this reciever, so I can give it 5 stars with ease.

Purchased At:   ebay-accessories4les

Submitted by jack a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great base and sound. Everything you could ever ask for.

Purchased At:   entertainment centra

Submitted by kong a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
I’m very disappointed to this product SR8000. The machine is always indicates a error messages “error ack”. Have any user know what happen of this machine.

Purchased At:   hong kong