Kenwood VR 305 A/V Receivers

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

The VR-305 features Dolby Digital and DTS digital surround compatible 6-channel analog input and includes Dolby Pro Logic for decoding the multichannel soundtracks on over 9,000 movies and many TV shows. Two DSP soundfields let you add real-world ambience to your audio.

Submitted by HomeTheaterPro a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is a great system. The Dolby surround sound rivals my BOSE system at a fraction of the price. There is no optical input, but I have never used expensive optical cables for any of my applications. They are just a lot of hype from the home theater shop.

Purchased At:   Home Theater Pro

Submitted by todd calvetti a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
this reciever is great . it does what it states and does it perfectly . i have watched over 100 movies on it with the full speaker set up - and 2 subs - and it never failed . the analog inputs are my prefered setup and this unit has the 5.1 analog to support my dvd 5.1 analog outputs . true seperation

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by dhaukeland a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a nice clean sounding receiver. Lots of power. I also have a Technics SA-AX6 and it seems the Kenwood really outperforms the Technics in the amplification of music. The Sound fields and inputs are limited.I feel the Kenwood plays music cleaner. I have moved my Kenwood from my Movie room to my Music room and My Technics from Music to Movie.

60.0 WA BLACK: