Kenwood VR-2080 A/V Receivers

3.13/5 (68 Reviews)

Submitted by Amado Garcia a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2013

Bottom Line:
I Have a Kenwood Audio-video Surround Receiver VR-2080.
It's 7.1 channel my out puts from the speakers It's not working out only sub Woofer
did you guys Any ideal how much charge some people tall me Its the motevor.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by Josh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2006

Bottom Line:
I am a college student and i have 8 speakers including two pro dynamics that i got for free that retail for 1099 a piece. This reciever is the best thing i could have ever bought for 82.83 i didn't have the manual with it but figured out he remote pretty quick it is a bit slow etc. and i am thinking of buying the phillips pronto http://www.pronto.philips.com/ anyways i think its a very sweet UNIT esp for the price i got it at

Purchased At:   Ebay buy it now

Submitted by justin geer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
vr 2080. i have owned my unit of junk for about 4 years. the remote is alright but slow and the cursor is non sense. the sound output is actually good across the range, i have 2 SM225 infinitys' with 15's in them and the low bass slams hard. looks are great i bought the matching cd player, so they look good together but their has been problems. the thing has been in the repair shop 3 times during warranty and out of warranty. the unit is immaculate, i even have the original box , i baby the damn thing but it gets hot, the fan hardly ever comes on. i use an external fan to get temp to my taste. first problem i had was it was buzzing out of both speakers intermittently and the fan quit, the secong time it produced no sound, and the third it was buzzing again, after i got back from Kenwood's "preffered repair shops" the link that allows the cd player to actuate the input automatically quit working, i think my next set of components will probably be from krell or carver, this would make for a good bedroom radio. i will probably not buy any kenwood products in the near future for i have also had other rediculous problems with them. did i mention the cd player stopped playing out of know where and it recently lost all memory of the cd titles, time to upgrade just waiting for the $$$$.

Purchased At:   bx

Submitted by MATT a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
This reciever although physically not very good has awesome DTS decoding, it literally slaps Dolby digital across the room. I would not recomend buying one becuse i already had to get mine fixed and i should proabably renew my warranty while i'm thinking about it, well anyway if you want good DTS this reciever was the best at the time i bought it in 1998! but today about everthing with DTS decoding in it's class beats it.

Submitted by Duane Thomas a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
This reciever was well worth the money. I bought it over 2 years ago and I haven't had a problem yet. The 2 room feature is great! Most recievers don't have a amp for the second room. With me being a college student, we abused this reciever. It was never turned off and it was used every day, all day long. We would have parties and use both room channels at the same time, filling the room with sound from 4 speaker, all producing stereo at HIGH volume and it never overheaded!!! AMAZING!!

The remote is clumsy, I agree, but I still like it. With this remote, I can very easily customize the audio settings of the reciever. DD and DTS are great through this reciever. Excellent sound quality. I never had a very good opinion about kenwood and was skeptical about buying this reciever, but for the price I couldn't pass it up. I am now a believer in kenwood once again.

Purchased At:   UBID (not a refurb!!

60.0 WA BLACK: