JVC RX DP10VBK Dolby Digital DTS Receiver A/V Receivers

4.9/5 (10 Reviews)

Submitted by ArtGriggs a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2012

Bottom Line:
I purchased the JVC RX-DP10VBK in December of 2006 - it has been in regular use ever since. It was an upgrade from an earlier JVC AVR. The RX-DP10VBK has proved to be an excellent home theater and home audio component. Its audio quality is superb and readily competed with my high-end Carver components, which I then sold. Given how complex home theater can be, this AVR makes it as easy as possible to setup and adjust. I have both analog and digital sources connected and it remembers your settings for specific inputs like CD, DVD/Blu-ray, Phono, etc. as well as its DSP settings relative to those inputs. [ Note - The RX-DP10VBK was introduced just before HTML came into play. In order to see Full HD 1080P Blu-ray video images, I run the HTML signal direct from player to the HDTV and use an optical (TOSLINK) cable to process the digital audio Dolby HD/DTS/THX signal from the player thru the JVC.] I have had no issues with it and have no plans to replace it. When introduced, the RX-DP-10VBK retailed for $1,700 and was compared in reviews with Denon's best $1,800 AVR with the JVC being preferred for its sonic quality. I totally agree.

Submitted by Tulga a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2010

Bottom Line:
RX-DP10VBK wow
i bought it from vann clearance about 500 in 2007. now 3 years enjoying clean loud sound. this days so many hdmi receivers came up. this year i bought couple of them test it next to RX-DP10VBK. very next day send them back to store. it is just too good. i promise myself i'll never replace it until this break.

Submitted by Classical Avenger a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2007

Bottom Line:
Wanted to put in a good word for this unit. Got it on closeout from vanns.com, and have it set up at my parents house in a large, high ceiling room for music and home theater. Very powerful and clean sound even at high, I mean really high, volumes. Kudos to the engineers of this unit as it is one of the most practical and logical designs I have ever come across. For example, there are separate EQ settings for each input, including the 5.1 channel analog inputs (a very, very rare feature). There are separate level settings for all the inputs. All settings are remembered for each input when you turn it off(even EQ or Line Direct).

Purchased At:   Vanns.com

Submitted by Jim Nuss a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
Bought this highly featured A/V Receiver in June 2002 to be the central control and audio signal processor for my HDTV/Surround Sound home theater system. Since it was JVC's "flagship" model I took the chance that they had done right by its design and component quality...despite my son's warnings about JVC quality/reliability and his preference for Yamaha based on his extensive knowledge and experience with home electronics. I loved the appearance design and it had all the right highend electronic features for a price that compared well with competitive brands of similarly featured "flagship" A/V receivers. This is a complex control center and took me awhile to figure it out but once I did I am delighted that I own this product. It exceeded my cautious expectations and has operated flawlessly for its first year in my home theater. I can even upgrade my system, which is very ample as is, without having the need for upgrading this A/V receiver.

Purchased At:   6th Avenue Electroni

Submitted by timmers a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
I work at sears and I had a kenwood VR510 Wich was a great unit and this came on clearance for $900.00 So naturally I made the switch and let me say It was well worth it. I have Paradigm Speakers
Fronts: Mini Monitor