JVC RX-6030V A/V Receivers

• Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic II
  • 100 watts x 2 (stereo) into 8 ohms (40-20,000 Hz) at 0.8% THD — or 100 x 5 in surround mode
  • JVC AV CompuLink
  • subwoofer output
  • 5 DAP modes
  • component video switching (2 in, 1 out, 35MHz bandwidth)
  • digital inputs: 1 optical, 1 coaxial
  • 3 audio, 2 A/V inputs (including one 5.1-channel)
  • no phono input
  • 1 set main speaker outputs
  • fluorescent front-panel display with dimmer
  • multibrand remote
  • 30 FM/15 AM presets
  • 17-1/16"W x 5-13/16"H x 17-1/16"D

Submitted by machani a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2004

Bottom Line:
I bought this receiver mainly to power my Home Theater speakers (Cerwin Vega AVS-5.1) and NOT for music. (I decided to save my budget for a dedicated stereo music system - a Cayin TA-30 tube amp and JM Lab Chorus speakers).

But, quite frankly, this receiver blew me away with its sound quality. I previously owned Sony and Aiwa receivers and this system is streets ahead. In fact I really could not tell the difference in sound quality between this JVC and the entry-level Denon AVR-1404 receiver which I bought for my parents.

It has a ton of connectivity options for the price, including component video switching, and accepts both optical and coaxial digital sound inputs.

This receiver produces extremely clear and high quality sound with Dobly Digital, DTS, ProLogic II and a number of DSP modes. Connected with Cerwin Vega AVS-5.1 home theater speakers it is really awesome.

If you want a very good performing receiver on a low budget, then close your eyes and buy this receiver (or the JVC RX-7030 if you want an equalizer).

Purchased At:   Sears