JVC RX-1028VBK
Description: DD/DTS Receiver / IR RF Remote

Submitted by GregDunn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
Great receiver when is was working. This received was plugged into a Monster Power/Surge Protector HTS2100. I can't understand why the four (4) intergrated chips died.

Purchased At:   Crutchfield

Submitted by CJ a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
JVC wants $900 for this piece of scrap metal that didn't even last 18 months?

I found it trying to give professional sound with an amateur interface. Too many bells and whistles. Could have focused the cost of developing it into more powerful, but less confusing sysems. Kinda like the way windows ruins a computer when DOS does the same thing better and faster for a person who has brains.

Suddenly, the display is gone, there is no throughput, and JVC will not respond to inquiries posted at their website

Purchased At:   Independent wholesal

Submitted by R. A. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
The JVC RX-1028VBK is a fine receiver. Plenty of power, with clean sound. I currently use this receiver to power speakers in my bedroom and dining room via Kimber Kable. The receiver is located, or rather hidden in a pantry next to a JVC 200 disc CD player, both of which I can control any where in the house via the RF remote. Very convenient to be able to switch from CD to FM stations while in either room. I power my home theatre setup in the living room with an Onkyo TX-DS676. I actually feel the JVC has the better sound, however the Onkyo has 5 channel stereo and a learning/ macro remote. If this receiver had either of these features it would be superior to the Onkyo, IMO. I haven't experieced any problems in nearly two years of almost daily use.
My ratings are:
Value Rating: 4 stars, Great deal
Overall Rating: 4 stars, Very good product

Purchased At:   uBid

Submitted by Sammy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
This was a OK receiver for me until I upgraded to an Onkyo Integra 7.1. for $200 more than I paid for this thing new. I instantly heard the difference in sound quality. I owned a HarmonKardon ProLogic reciever before this one, and was sad I updgraded to this. But I could not afford to upgrade again w/o my wife stabbing me hehehe. The reason I got rid of the harmon kardon was because i wanted to go Dolby Digital etc...
I have nothing horribly bad to say about this receiver, just that its definately an AVERAGE sounding receiver at best. I think my FISHER stereo sounded better than this thing 8 yrs ago. The 1028vbk has alot of bells and whistles but thats about it. I had to put the volume up past 40 to be able to hear it above a whisper. If youre just getting into building your 1st Home Theater setup then its ok. If you want true GREAT sound quality look somewhere else PLEASEEEEEE. Don't make the mistake I did. Like I said this thing has average sound at BEST. After owning this thing i personally would not pay over $100 for it. Let me sum it up with an analogy. Car terms: This thing is like the Ford Escort of receivers. Runs well serves its gerneral purpose but overall it's just junk. ;-)

Purchased At:   bestpriceaudiovideo

Submitted by jim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
Haven't had any problems with my reciever. I have it hooked up with Klipsch synergy Quints and a Toshiba 5109 dvd player, and the results for my modest family room are excellent. Plenty of power. For the price, I feel it is an excellent reciever.

Purchased At:   ubid