Harman Kardon AVR7200 A/V Receivers

4.64/5 (28 Reviews) MSRP : $1150.00

The AVR 7200's seven-channel, high-current, ultrawide-bandwidth amplifier is the most powerful ever in a Harman Kardon receiver. A comprehensive bass management system with Triple Crossover selection makes certain that low-frequency sound goes to the right place no matter what type of speakers you own or input you use, including DVD-Audio or SACD. Multiroom options range from assignable rear-channel amplifiers to an A-BUS Ready port, which allows complete remote-room control and amplification with only one Cat. 5 wire connection. A preprogrammed remote with an LCD display and EzSet™, an RS-232 port and a complete range of surround processing options all contribute to the AVR 7200's spectacular music and home theater performance.

Submitted by Shrikantjee a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have used Harmon Kardon AVR 7200 since 2003 and I cannot get over the quality of sound that comes out of this product. I have currently hooked it up to Def tech Mythos ST. I had to upgrade my receiver to an Onkyo to get HDMI and the latest sound formats, but noticed the sound quality wasn't as good as the HK. So I now have the Onkyo doing the decoding and sending the sound to the HK which is driving my Fronts and Center.

AVR-7200 is an awesome receiver, too bad HK doesn't make anything comparable any more.

Submitted by RobSwindol a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2011

Bottom Line:
Price paid: $220 including shipping

This is one remarkable receiver. I needed a system to replace my old burnt out Klipsch 2.1 computer speakers. I found this receiver for next to nothing at an auction because it was advertised that it wouldn't power on. A little known fact about these receivers is the original fuses were a bit weak. So as soon as I got it home I popped the lid and replaced all 4 main fuses. Now I've been using this receiver paired with a set of Infinity TSS-1100 speaker for about 4 months and WOW... What an amazing sound. My computer actually has audio that sounds almost as good as the Denon AVR-3311CI and Celestion speakers that I use in my living area.

Strengths:
Excellent, smooth, warm sound
Enough power for almost any speakers you need to connect to it.
Easy to use
Direct inputs if you want to use it with a computer like I do

Weaknesses:
Because this is an older receiver, it doesn't have HDMI inputs. Of course you really can't expect it to, so I feel bad even considering this a weakness, but I'm sure someone out there will buy one and be disappointed, so I'm just issuing a warning up front.

Similar Products Used:
I've used many receivers over the past 10 years, including some high-end and some low-end devices from SONY, Denon, and several different Onkyo models. None of them match the performance of this receiver and all of them cost me more money.

Submitted by Justin Lammers a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2010

Bottom Line:
The Harman Kardon AVR-7200 is the best ultrawide-bandwith amplifier receiver I have ever laid my eyes on. It brings movies to life, and music of a New York club to your very own living room. My favorite part about this marvelous device is how it is smart enough to know where to send the bass. Clarity is everything. The Harman Kardon AVR 7200 was designed with clarity in mind. If you have speakers that can handle the wattage, then you got your self the best setup in the world. This device makes crappy speakers sound good. I was using logitech z-5500 speakers as satelite speakers. This receiver made them sound like angels singing. I would drop $800 for one of these receivers any day of the week. They are reliable and the most powerful models on the Harman Kardon AVR market. You will not be dissapointed!

Like I said, If you can get one of these receivers for $800 or less snatch them up! You will never be dissapointed!!!!

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by Home Theater Buff a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2009

Bottom Line:
This Harman Kardon AVR-7200 has been the best sounding/performing receiver I have ever listened too!! I have owned a Denon 4802, Pioneer Elite VSX-59TXi , Onkyo TX-DS898..... So I have done my share of trying to find the next best thing (Impulsive Buyer), but never happened! This unit is a powerhouse of clean real watts! The last 5 years They have powered all 7 of my Definitive Technology BP10's and boy have they rocked the house!! If your looking for a fantastic sounding receiver and you don't need all the new HDMI switching this baby is a must have! Keep in mind this unit does pass HD Componet signals thou. Nomatter what I listen too (Rock, Jazz or Classic Soul) this baby still makes me sit back and say " Ohh Yea"

Submitted by SIMPSONEARL a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have had the 7200 for several years now and it has been perfect. The sound for stereo became warmer and less harsh as it broke in over time.

Purchased At:   JR

Harman Kardon AVR7200

I have the AVR7200 but was wondering how can i get the most out of this receiver in H/T mode?? Its sounds really good with music but i have to get the volume up in the 40-30 db range to really start to feel some movies.Read More »

Harman kardon AVR7200 question

I have the Harman Kardon AVR7200 and was wondering how to tweek it for H/T listening?? I have Bose 701's up front, 301's for rear surround, AM5 for back surround and the VCS10 for center channel. What do i need to do to get the center volume louder in movie mode?? I know this receiver has enough pow ... Read More »

SFLAT: