Harman Kardon AVR320 A/V Receivers

4.5/5 (32 Reviews)

HARMAN KARDON A/V RECEIVER, 65WPC, 7.1-CH, DOLBY DIGI, DTS, LOGIC 7, VMAx => Model AVR-320

Submitted by poneal a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2005

Bottom Line:
Well, I've had this unit for just a few weeks over 3 years and guess what? The dang thing started acting up right after the warranty expired. I tried the reset thing, the unplug thing, everything in the manual and the HK support told me to do but nothing fixed the problem The problem is that the 5CH, 7CH, and Surr. OFF lights flicker rapidly. This is indicitative of a processor failure. I am really disappointed because I have owned many units over the years and all have lasted well over a decade except this one. I have a 30+ year old Pioneer that still runs for crying out loud. So I would say that HK still has Quality Control Issues and would not recommend buying any products from this company. What do they think? That we throw these things away like disposable BIC butane lighters? If I wanted a disposable AVR I would have bought a $200 Sony not a $600+ HK. As you can tell from my post I am a little upset but I feel better letting everyone know what my experience has been.

Purchased At:   CircuitCity

Submitted by patrick gartner a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
this reciever is all and all a good performer.lots of features.looks great . build quality could be a bit better,but still pretty good.dialogue is low frequancy heavy in some music.processing for most modes except logic 7.complete garbage , shold not have been incorperated into these amps.but all other modes excellent , especially stereo.remote is decent ,not as bad as some say.decent weight for a reciever in it's price class.

Purchased At:   visions

Submitted by johnnykuo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
Well this is a great amp. The sound is warm so if u got speakers that sound too harsh this might be the ideal amp for you. The sound is very clear even at high levels and i never had one problem with it. The remote is a little difficult to configure with other devices and I wish the buttons would glow or light up so u can see it in the dark. The power rating is a little strange because its rated at 45 wpc. Seems like a little but believe me this amp will not wimp out. I love this amp but i know theres alot better amps in the market but for the price you cant beat this.

Purchased At:   fry's

Submitted by poneal a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
Well, I searched about 2 weeks on the internet to find a good reciever for under 600 dollars. Found positive reviews on the AVR-320 so I just went with and bought it. To be honest, I have never owned anything less than a 100 watt amp or reciever so I was a little hesitant since the 320 only puts out 55 watts per channel or 65 watts in stereo. Well to make a long story short, the watts is not a problem. This puppy puts out more sound than any 100 watt I've owned. And nice smooth sound. I did once take the volume to 0, just had too, and had to turn it down immediately. My wife couldn't hear what i was saying and we were no more than 5' away from each other. There are more than enough in/outs and I have everything hooked up to the 320 (vcr, dvd, cd, cable, etc.). So it gets used a lot every day. I also sing karaoke on it. I thought the amp might have a problem with amplifying the voice.. NOT. The bottom line is that I am very happy with this receiver and would recommend it to someone on a budget/wife. I've had no problems but have had lots of listening enjoyment. Thanks H/K. Oh,let me say something about the remote since most are complaining about it. After learning how it works, I like it. The only thing I dont like about the remote is that the writing is to small. OK, i gave away my age but truthfully some of those buttons are mighty small with mighty small writing and I have to take off my glasses and squint to see what im pushing. Of course i have the layout memorized now so its not as bothersome. :-)

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by jake9_9 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
WOW~~ What a difference!! I had a cheapie "Theater in a box" and I was never satisfied with the sound...everything sounded "flat". I knew it wasn't the speakers...changed out the mains and center (JBL S-38 and S-Center)...so it had to be the receiver. I never really used the home theater because it sounded so "cheap" and because it sounded so cheap, I didn't use the system as much as I wanted to.

I got the HK320 based on the reviews here and from other websites, but I also noticed that people were getting HUGE discounts from Fry's. So I called a few area Fry's stores and a couple had only the store demo (they couldn't find the manuals, or it had no remote, etc, etc) Lucky for me a one of the stores had one in returns with the manuals, remotes, and original boxing. ALL FOR 249.99!!

Anyways, to make a long story short, I listen to music whenever I get a chance and use the receiver for EVERYTHING...TV, VCR, DVD, CD and the sounds are INCREDIBLE!!! Mind you, I had a cheapie "theater in a box" as comparison, but from what others are saying of this received, I've made a GOOD choice, but also considering that I got this receiver for more than 1/2 price, it was a GREAT choice!

Purchased At:   FRY's

H/K AVR320 receiver issues

Hello, I have a H/K AVR 320 receiver and I have some questions regarding some strange issues I've had with it. #1 - Sometimes it turns itself off in the middle of watching TV or a movie. Not at high volume levels either. I'm not sure if maybe one of my other remotes sends a signal to it that ... Read More »

FGH 26: