Harman Kardon AVR120 A/V Receivers

4.43/5 (14 Reviews)

HARMAN KARDON A/V RECEIVER, 50WPC, DOLBY DIGI, DTS, LOGIC 7, VMAx, MP3 DEC => Model AVR-120

Submitted by IBO CABRERA a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2013

Bottom Line:
IMPRESIONANTE EQUIPO
A PESAR DE SER UN MODELO VIEJO (LO COMPRE EN EL 2001) TIENE UN MEJOR SONIDO Y PERFORMANCE QUE LOS NUEVOS MODELOS.

LO COMPARAMOS CON EL HK 1600 HK 2600 Y HK 3650 Y TIENE MEJOR
DESEMPEÑO EN LOS 5.1 CANALES - LO TENGO CONECTADO A UN SISTEMA DE BOCINAS BOSE ACOUSTIMAS 15.

RECOMIENDO ESTE AVR HK - 120

Submitted by Mark Jacks a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2009

Bottom Line:
This is my first quality receiver. It is everything I could have asked for. True it is more than that compitetion. The sound is loud and crystal clear. My Blurays & DVD's come through the AVR 120 perfectly. My next HK is their 7.1

Submitted by dgjr a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
Don't let the low watts fools you. AWESOME SOUNDING UNIT!!!!!
Very smooth sounding. I watch alot of T.V. DPL II & Logic 7 come in handy. I like Dolby Pro-Logic better. It just sounds smoother to me. DD & DTS are AWESOME for DVD's. I bought 2 HK's. 120 & the 220. It's the only brand I will buy from now on.

Purchased At:   harmonaudio.com

Submitted by Martin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is one reciever you need to stay away from. After only a year I lost the microprocessor that memorizes your settings and the right front channel went out for no reason. Bummer. I won't buy HarmanKardon anymore. This was my second reciever from them. Now it's my last.

Purchased At:   frys

Submitted by Andrew a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
After testing out other brand receivers (sony, etc.) I tried out the AVR 125 and that's when I instantly busted out my credit card. I have only had the receiver for 2 months, but I am very impressed with the unit. The sound is phenomenal, very clear. As stated below this thing has plenty of power, don't be fooled by the power ratings. I highly recommend this receiver. Buy it, you won't be disappointed. Kudos to HK for such a great product.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

volume on h/k avr120

I have a Harman/Kardon AVR120 with just a 2.1 hooked up right now and it seems like I need to set the volume abnormally loud for normal listening. Volume range is displayed from -80dB to +10dB and for casual listening I need to have it set at around -5dB. I've maxed it out, and it's loud, but some ... Read More »

SFLAT: