Harman Kardon AVR 75 A/V Receivers

4.57/5 (88 Reviews) MSRP : $1499.00

Submitted by DrDan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2017

Bottom Line:
I've used and abused my amp since I got it when I was twenty or so. Blown speakers and wall outlets with continuous very loud parties on a daily basis. It would be running for ten to twelve hours straight at a high volume on a regular. It never let me down. It was eventually replaced with a seven channel amp with hdmi imputs. Took it out of storage not too long ago to run a pair of speakers in a home studio. It needed a factory reset to correct an issue with the volume but it did the trick and is working fine again. I would highly recommend this receiver.

Submitted by Beverly Bell a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2014

Bottom Line:
I am not an audiophile, but my late husband certainly was. The ratings given are ones he would have given. He loved his HK AVR75! However, I now need to sell most of his estate, and have no idea how to price this vintage beauty (the date on the back is Sept. 1997). Could someone please email me at bbcrna48@gmail.com and give me a fair price both with and without remote? Thanks!

Submitted by bayforever a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2011

Bottom Line:
old but surprisely strong compared with onkyo 5008,- ok 5008 is somewhat stronger but i use both on my XTZ 99.26 MKII and my old HK avr 75 has power indeed

Submitted by Harley Brotherton a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have a Harmon Kardon AVR 75 and have owned it, second owner, since 1995. I is installed in my custom home and operates a 5 chanel (speakers) flawlessly. Use it for movies and music. Speakers are all Signet, 2 front plus a center channel, 2 built in rear speakers, and 1 - 200 watt Velodyne subwoofer. Planning a move and want to keep my receiver but will need to get 2 rear channel speakers as the one's I am leaving are built in and can't move them. What would be a good choice as I am keeping my Signet's, exceptionally good quality sound and accurate so I can't put any junk with the speakers I am keeping. Also need some information as I want to use HDMI cables for movies etc but my receiver doesn't have an HDMI plug in. What do I do as my Harmon Kardon will remain a great family member even after my move? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. For those looking for an older Japan built, quality ACR receiver, I would rate my Harmon Kardon a solid 5 of 5 possible. It compares in sound quality to the old tube MacIntosh power amps which were the audiophiles choice prior to the solid state power supplies. Truly one of the best I have ever owned and would buy RIGHT NOW even knowing it is older technology - It simply is Superb!!! Please respond to harleyinml@gmail.com if want to reply to this post. Also, I agree with the other folks that have said the remote leaves abit to be desired. If there is a problem anywhere, the remote is the only one and it still works OK - just won't perform equal to same level as the receiver itself, performs.

Submitted by karister99 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2010

Bottom Line:
This is an awesome receiver, I'm using it for two channel music and this receiver makes any speaker sings with ease. This unit has a very nice tuner section to it as well. It's old but great and one of the last units came out of Japan before Harman switched their manufacturing base to China. If you can get a unit in good condition in the used market for a decent price jump on it, and you'll love it, as they sold around 11-12 hundred when they came out first.