Harman Kardon AVR 7300 A/V Receivers

• HDCD Processing
  • Multizone Audio/video, with remote

Submitted by Yitshak a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2007

Bottom Line:
I had this reciver more then 1 year powered my kef IQ-9 based on HT.
after my systems is operating multyhoures each day, I may say in simple ward:
this is an amazing reciver.
my father inlow and my brother inlow use to power there systems using the mid
denon AVR.
there is nothing that can be compare to this behemoth AVR!
when you look on the tests data on HT magazin and UT internet site and on S&V
tests result you may understand.
2 channell driven 191wpc ( 8 ohm ) 315 wpc ( 4 ohm )
7 channell driven 154 wpc ( 8 ohm ) 197 wpc) ( 4 ohm )
you may consider that the rate of HK are lower 125 wpc for 2 channels
and 110 wpc for all channels driven simultanusly.
as in most cases the actuals test show that they are rated threre product on the
safe side and not tring to inflate there specifications as other do.
this reciver is right after the RV-8, denon 5805 and for part sunfire ulitimat...2,
in terms of cleanpower.
and the prise is less then a half.
if your HT is not consist on bookshelves speaker that less power demanding
and for main speaker you want to use floorstandings speakers and you would'nt want to compremis on sound headroom, dynamic and subtlenuance.
when I tride to use less powerfull amp then this it end up in a way that I did hear the diffrents in a way of flat, dry, and bright sound, that wasn't
agile and didn't sparkle with a deep vibrent in the same time.
the is no point in compering sound qulity without stand for the basic tax and that is power!
most of the reciver can power up HT systems base on standmount speakers
that are relativly affisiont 88db and up.
but if you don't have the mony or space for separate amp an you want to drive,
standfloors speakers up to 200wpc there are only few reciver ever
bulit that are up to the task.
the hk 7300 is one of those !!!
anoter capebility of this fine reciver is to upscale and upconvert
even composit video signals and to inetrlaced them,
you be able to see the improuvment through component.

Submitted by mozenoze a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2007

Bottom Line:
I've had this unit for over a year and it has performed flawlessly. The reviews I have read on this site concerning the reliability of the receiver have'nt been encountered. I use the unit in a basic 5.1 set up using jbl e60s for the front speakers and infinity beta 20s for the surrounds with a cheap klh for center. the sound is warm and accurate. My favorite mode is dolby PLII for music and DTS for music DVD. It runs warm after a couple of hours.

Submitted by ade365 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2006

Bottom Line:
I was quite impressed with the variety of audio and video capabilities and options which I anticipated would allow me to cusomize the unit to my listening and viewing environment. I was not disppointed. It required a lot of work, trial and error, and careful evaluation of the various options to "tune" the unit to my liking. That was the good part.

One of the major reasons for choosing this expensive unit in the first place was its multi-room function, allowing you to watch or listen different sources in different rooms. Well, that function only worked twice on my brand new unit before failing. Multiple emails with HK later, and I was told to return it to to a dealer to fix it. Several weeks later, the dealer, working with HK engineers could not fix it and it had to be returned to the manufacturer for a replacement unit.

I received the replacement unit, roughly after six weeks from when I first took the unit to the dealer. As if it was not bad enough to give up a new unit for a refurbished one, HK forgot to include a power cord. Another 60-mile drive to the dealer to buy a powercord was requried on my part. HK never responded to my email to send me my power cord back.

The story does not end well. Within 3 months of receiving the refurbished unit, the multi-room function failed again.

So, if using the multi-room function is part of your reason for considering this unit, I would not recommend the AVR7300. You may be better off spending money on two receivers with comparable performance, rather than risking your health carrying the AVR7300 back and forth from the repair shop.

Purchased At:   TV Authority

Submitted by gchan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have researched all of the high/mid range a/v receivers. I love the Yamaha and was ready to purchase the rvx2500 until I heard the Hk at a friend's home and love the clean sound. I saw a sale at Frys' and immediately drove to pick one up. I got the last box. I found the setup was quite easy. I wished there were an auto eq/setup function, but didn't have any toubles. The sound is quite clean and highs are quite clear and distinct. I tried various types of music and found it quite entertaining. I have read reports that the cooling fan as noisy, but I didn't even notice the fan.

Purchased At:   Frys'

Submitted by Karen a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2005

Bottom Line:
I was intimidated before I bought this receiver. I read reviews about it being difficult to set up and how difficult the remote is to use. I am certainly not an electronic whiz and was pleasantly surprised after getting my AVR7300. The set up took a while but was not too bad. The remote is a dream, very simple to use and I love the fact that audio settings can be changed very simply. The ez set is handy and although I have read many reviews that say it doesn't work I haven't had a problem. Just make sure the volume is quite high while it is being set. I love the sound quality and in fact I love everything about this receiver.

Purchased At:   etronics

Harmon Kardon avr 7300

I know I have bugged you all a lot I want to know if anybody here has ever got to play with or owns (owned) one of these beheamoths. I could have scrouged one off ebay from harmondirect for $920 but decided to crap down my leg instead. I didn't have the balls. I had to talk to you all first befor ... Read More »

Denon 3805, HK AVR 7300, or Yamaha RX-V2500 ??

I'm considering these 3 receivers. I've read many reveiws and all have their +/-. In order to keep peace at home I've been forced to place all speakers (except Sub) in the ceiling. Therefore, I've recently purchased the B&W In-Ceiling Series for our new HT (3) CCM 817's , (2) CCM 80's, Def. Tech. ... Read More »

Harman Kardon AVR 7300 Problem

Just hooked up the 7300 I purchased for the first time. Can't get the unit to stay powered up... stays on 2 or 3 seconds when first powered, then not even a second on any subsequent attempt. Have disconnected the power cord several times for up to 20 minutes and tried again with the same results... ... Read More »

60.0 WA BLACK: