Harman Kardon AVR 700 A/V Receivers

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

Submitted by D N a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
I'm audio repair technician. I worked on all make and models of audio receivers. So far, I would not recommend to buy H/K product period. Some models works well but when unit had problem, it's very hard to repair. Their technical service literature look like scratch notes not many service technician can understand or can even read the prints. Their technical support engineer suck!!! most of them don't have any clue how their product works, and they could careless if the technician can fix it or not. Most of H/K product under warranty will stay in the shop for a long time compare to other manufacture. Unit don't have warranty will be estimated very high because most of the technicians are fed up with H/K bad design and support. As far as receiver and other audio video product, Sony is still the very best. Repair and support are excellent. If hard to fix problem Sony can alway alloe you to swap out whole new board or assembly. You can't beat that when come to repair your unit!!!

Purchased At:   0

Submitted by Todd a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
After less than a week of being used, sparingly I might add, I have to send my AVR7000 back to the place I bought it from. While watching a DVD, if I pause or stop the disc, I get a slight "pop" out of my speakers. I experience the same thing if I'm watching TV through the VCR and I press the "MUTE" button on the AVR7000 remote. I know the problem lies in the receiver--I called HK and they even said so. I thought maybe I was getting some sort of digital noise or signal cutoff when I would stop my DVD player--not so. I got this unit on Thursday evening, hooked it up on Friday, it didn't get used all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday, then Monday evening this noise starts. Until then, I was very impressed with this receiver--I still am, but I am also a little discouraged now that I'll be without one until I am sent another.

Submitted by Todd a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2000

Bottom Line:
After hooking it all up to my Infinity speakers, I put The Matrix in my Sony DVD player. I've heard the soundtrack before through my cousin's system (Denon 3300/Snell speakers), and this is the first Digital receiver I've owned, but if my cousin hooked the AVR7000 up to his Snells, I wouldn't get it back! If anyone's looking for a great price on this receiver, try SoundCity (somewhere in New Jersey). I got mine for $1085 shipped to my front door.

Submitted by Larson Kenny a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
Owned it for a week, lovely sound and styling.

Submitted by matt Emmons a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2000

Bottom Line:
The best there is to offer. HDCD, Dolby Digital, DTS, High current, s-vid switching. EVERYTHING you need for home theater, and music!!! 5 stars *****

Atlantic Technology :