Harman Kardon AVR 5 A/V Receivers

4.49/5 (43 Reviews) MSRP : $450.00

- Stereo Mode: 45 watts/channel - Surround Mode: 35 watts x 5 channels - Dolby ProLogic processing - Four AV Inputs - Three Audio Inputs

Submitted by Tonysfester a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2006

Bottom Line:
This reciever has a great sound. I have her hooked up to some Pol LS-70's in front with new Polk R50's in the rear. Great sound for a budget reciever. Harman Kardo n always sounds like more watts then what is listed. I will move to a new reciever in a few yesrs but figure I would start out with this one. I am very happy with the purchase

Purchased At:   Local Seller

Submitted by brian selby a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
new speckers

Submitted by Rich a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
My first AV receiver and it has been a pleasure for me and my family thus far. The sound quality is excellant and very easy to use. It's everything we need for now. I've git it matched up with:
Denon DVP-3300
Infinity surround sound theater speaker package
sony video player

a perfect fit for me and the family.

Purchased At:   Circuit city

Submitted by Tony a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
Great AVR. I love it! To those who cry about lack of DTS etc. well you buy what suits you. If you want all the digital stuff then buy a different system. Evaluate this system as is. Certainly outperforms all the SONYs etc with so much power rating.

Purchased At:   Future Shop

Submitted by Ouzoswiller a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
Well, before I retire this unit I figured it was time to review it. It has served me well for well over a year now and it's time to upgrade. I ran this unit for about 10 months through my Signature 2.1 power amp and it was awesome. Even without the 2.1 it was good. Since half my stuff got stolen though, I find it hard to justify buying a new power amp when the AVR is obsolete. I will just upgrade. Compared to the Technics amp I used before this, night and day difference, the AVR was more clear and crisp, and seemed more powerful, eventhough it was rated at half the power than the Technics. I liked the remote too, which from what I read is rare, although the # buttons could have been better laid out. Overall a great entry-level unit

Purchased At:   local hi-fi store

what is best 5.1 hdmi 1.3 4 ohm AVR or preamp/power amp under $3000

I am setting up a media room 14ft x 18ft. Picking speakers easy--- Magnepan MG12 or MG 1.6 with surrounds. HSU SUB. Projector Panasonic PT AE-3000. Stewart firehawk Screen. However, the AVR or Pre-Amp + 5.1 Amp is driving me crazy. I cant seem to figure out the best set-up. I have been thin ... Read More »

multi- 5.1 capable AVR or two receivers

Gentlemen haven't posted in a while so I thought I might share a customers' request with ya, see what you guys come up with; 3 floors basement 5.1 surround setup with 60" pioneer elite (already has plasma, needs the rest) family room 5.1 surround setup with 50" pioneer elite (already has plasma ... Read More »