Harman Kardon AVR 3600 7.1 A/V Receivers

2.33/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $1000.00

The Harman Kardon AVR 3600 combines ease of use with sophisticated features for the best in digital sound. With advanced surround-sound technologies (including Dolby, DTS and Logic 7 processing) and Faroudja DCDi Cinema video processing with upscaling up to 1080p, the AVR 3600 ensures an optimal user experience. Plus, with EzSet/EQ equalization, the system is just as easy to set up as it is to listen to. The AVR3600 will fully control your iPod or iPhone when connected to the included Bridge III.
  • Processing decoding: Dolby True HD, Pro Logic Iix
  • Output power: 80W x 7 channels / 20Hz - 20kHz
  • Multi-channel audio in: 8 direct inputs
  • Other connections: 1 USB port / 3 component-video in
  • Digital signal processing

Submitted by Jonathan Electronic Engineer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2016

Bottom Line:
I have been a Harman Kardon Fan for the past 16 years, I have a AVR 6500 (16 years, No problems), AVR 347 (10 years, No problems) AVR 3600 (5 years, nothing but problems) I had it into 3 different repair shops claiming that it was repaired and each time I got it home I got "PROTECT" error. So I bought an AVR 3700 ( 2 months, No problems yet I worry every time I turn it on) Back to the AVR 3600 what can I do. I opened up and they must have a safe guard to trigger protect mode when you turn it on. Like the previous Poster said if you turn it on and off for 10 some times 40 minutes to get it to turn on. After its on for hours it turns on and of normally. But if you let it sit for five minutes "PROTECT" shows up again. I have been all over the components in that DAMN $1400 Top of the line Harman Kardon piece of dung. I should be reimbursed or get a replacement for taking over $4000 of my hard earned dollars on AVR Receiver's given to Harman Kardon, plus $700 of non-repair money to shops who claim it worked when it was packaged up and wont reimburse anything since it was working when picked up. Being a loyal Harman Kardon customer for 16 years I should get something in return. Does anyone know who to get a hold of to help me get anywhere with getting help with getting reimbursed or get a replacement AVR Receiver? Any help will be appreciated. Harman Kardon Please help or for the people with the same problem if you can help I would owe you.
Jonathan

Submitted by Raj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2012

Bottom Line:
Harman Kardon AVR 3600 is my third receiver and all from Harman Kardon. I never had any issues with any of them. I have called their support for other questions and had good experience every time.
I had to upgrade from AVR 354 as I needed 3D capability. The previous one didn't handle 3D at all. AVR 3600 has a Bypass mode which let's me pass the 3D signal from BluRay to TV.
As always, excellent receiver, great GUI and phenomenal sound.
If you're in doubt, get two receiver (any other brand), feed same channel of music (using analog out and a Y splitter) to both and use one front speaker for one receiver and the other one for this one. You'll be surprised how two receivers having same specification on paper sound so different. In my wife's words " the Harman Kardon receivers sound "sweet" - you'll never have "listening fatigue".

Submitted by chase a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2012

Bottom Line:
This thing ran pretty good for about 6 months. Then every time it was cold, it would go into "Protect" mode. Turning it on 10 - 30 usually got it to finally stay on. Once it was on, it seemed to run fine.

I waited until leaving for Christmas Holidays to take it in for repair. I was told it would take 2 weeks. 3 weeks later I had to contact the service company (they never called me) and they said that they had to send it in to "JAM" because they couldn't fix the problem.

It wasn't until the beginning of March that I got my receiver back. I asked the service company (SM Electronics in Cochrane Alberta) if they tested it, and they said yes. When I picked it up, it was still wrapped in the shrink wrap from JAM... and it said Tested/Working

When I got it home and plugged it in, it was bricked... no video or audio what-so-ever. Pissed off, I called Harman Kardon directly... It took 4 phone calls and 3 voicemails to get in touch with someone (they never returned my calls).

The guy apologized profusely and said he would replace the unit. After some run-around nonsense from JAM, I finally got the unit shipped off to them 2 weeks ago. I was told the unit would be here today (March 26, 2012) but it's not here.

Their customer service absolutely SUCKS, their repairs didn't work,... and to top it all off, when I called the JAM guy last Thursday, he said I was NOT getting a new unit but rather a DEMO unit... THIS IS BULL SH!T. DON'T BUY H/K.