Harman Kardon AVR 3600 7.1 A/V Receivers

The Harman Kardon AVR 3600 combines ease of use with sophisticated features for the best in digital sound. With advanced surround-sound technologies (including Dolby, DTS and Logic 7 processing) and Faroudja DCDi Cinema video processing with upscaling up to 1080p, the AVR 3600 ensures an optimal user experience. Plus, with EzSet/EQ equalization, the system is just as easy to set up as it is to listen to. The AVR3600 will fully control your iPod or iPhone when connected to the included Bridge III.
  • Processing decoding: Dolby True HD, Pro Logic Iix
  • Output power: 80W x 7 channels / 20Hz - 20kHz
  • Multi-channel audio in: 8 direct inputs
  • Other connections: 1 USB port / 3 component-video in
  • Digital signal processing

Submitted by Raj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2012

Bottom Line:
Harman Kardon AVR 3600 is my third receiver and all from Harman Kardon. I never had any issues with any of them. I have called their support for other questions and had good experience every time.
I had to upgrade from AVR 354 as I needed 3D capability. The previous one didn't handle 3D at all. AVR 3600 has a Bypass mode which let's me pass the 3D signal from BluRay to TV.
As always, excellent receiver, great GUI and phenomenal sound.
If you're in doubt, get two receiver (any other brand), feed same channel of music (using analog out and a Y splitter) to both and use one front speaker for one receiver and the other one for this one. You'll be surprised how two receivers having same specification on paper sound so different. In my wife's words " the Harman Kardon receivers sound "sweet" - you'll never have "listening fatigue".

Submitted by chase a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2012

Bottom Line:
This thing ran pretty good for about 6 months. Then every time it was cold, it would go into "Protect" mode. Turning it on 10 - 30 usually got it to finally stay on. Once it was on, it seemed to run fine.

I waited until leaving for Christmas Holidays to take it in for repair. I was told it would take 2 weeks. 3 weeks later I had to contact the service company (they never called me) and they said that they had to send it in to "JAM" because they couldn't fix the problem.

It wasn't until the beginning of March that I got my receiver back. I asked the service company (SM Electronics in Cochrane Alberta) if they tested it, and they said yes. When I picked it up, it was still wrapped in the shrink wrap from JAM... and it said Tested/Working

When I got it home and plugged it in, it was bricked... no video or audio what-so-ever. Pissed off, I called Harman Kardon directly... It took 4 phone calls and 3 voicemails to get in touch with someone (they never returned my calls).

The guy apologized profusely and said he would replace the unit. After some run-around nonsense from JAM, I finally got the unit shipped off to them 2 weeks ago. I was told the unit would be here today (March 26, 2012) but it's not here.

Their customer service absolutely SUCKS, their repairs didn't work,... and to top it all off, when I called the JAM guy last Thursday, he said I was NOT getting a new unit but rather a DEMO unit... THIS IS BULL SH!T. DON'T BUY H/K.

CSB 1206 BLK: