Harman Kardon AVR 35 A/V Receivers

3.9/5 (40 Reviews) MSRP : $699.00

Audio / Video receiver Dolby Digital processing Multiple Audio and Video Inputs

Submitted by sulloj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2003

Bottom Line:
Nice clean sound whether it's stereo only or 5.1 surround the receiver performs flawlessly! Very versitile/has provisions for all my gear. I use this in my bedroom and have DVD,MD,CD,Tape,and VHS all hooked up and the HK handles everthing wonderfully. The AVR35 is built very well unlike some other HK models.
The AVR35 has adequate power for a small to medium size room for 5.1 surround. Plenty of power in two channel stereo mode. I would recommend this unit. If you can find one used in good order grab it!

Purchased At:   Private sale

Submitted by Tourag2003 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased my little baby in early 2000,it was a floor model at Circuit City and I was really impressed when the guy said ( I can get it for you for about $200)they were going for about $400 new so I bought mine and bought a 3 year service plan for $40 more then brought it home and set it up and my Brother was so impressed we went to another store and Got him one too!!!!Both perform flawlessly for as long as we have had them and everyone that hears them believe that it's the best sounds they heard.I have mine Coupled with 2 Eosone RSP100 subs and 5 or 6 Eosone RSA100 Cubes.the sound is amazing(better than a theater)I just wish my model had DTS too. other than that I can't complain.I even have movie parties that 15-20 people come too :)

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by carrizonash a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
Tiene la excelente calidad de audio en Harman Kardon.

Purchased At:   MUSIMUNDO

Submitted by Roland a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
I really love this receiver, first i had some poor AC3 sound. But after some changes in the speakersetup it really was great. I did not now that the direction of the surround speakers would make that much difference. In combi with a nice active subwoofer this is real home theater. When I compare it with philips matchline it's really THAT better.

I had the same problem with the tuner which i solved by connecting the cable antenna.

I never had problems with heat while it's placed in a small cabinet. It's hot in there but no prob's at all.

Submitted by Pop Warner a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this receiver over two years ago with a set of Cambridge Soundworks Movieworks II speakers. The sound is great for all uses, DVD, HiFi VCR,CD,TV, Radio, etc. The power has never cut out on me nor have I had any other problems with it. In fact, I have had zero problems with reliability. At first I did not like this unit, because I thought it soinded poorly. But, I realized I had the configuration set up incorrectly. Make sure if you buy this unit, you set it up for the correct size of speakers you have; and make sure you do it for each speaker setting (i.e. "no surround", "three speaker", "pro logic", etc.) The directions were not clear about this and until I figured this out, I was not happy with this unit. Once I did get it set up correctly, WOW!, it sounded great and still does. I won't give this a 5, because I won't give any product a 5 star rating. But it is a great AVR and I am very pleased to own it.

Purchased At:   Cambridge Soundworks