Harman Kardon AVR 335 A/V Receivers

• DTS: 55dB
  • Frequency Response at 1W (+0dB,–3dB): 10Hz – 130kHz

Submitted by Chip a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2016

Bottom Line:
I bought my AVR 335 in 2005, over ten years ago and it has been durable as Hell, has never broken down, and has delivered consistently high quality performance. My only complaint is I wish it had more power in 7 channel. But, ten years ago it was a pretty expensive unit and I wanted quality! Now, my ears are prone to distortion at high decibels so I need sound clarity even more. My AVR 335 gives me the cleanest sound, period!

Submitted by treboose a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2008

Bottom Line:
This is my first real HT system. And let me say that I couldn't be much happier. I've had this reciever for 3 years now and have not had any probems at all.
I work for diectv and I see allot of tv's and av reciever's all the time.(and install them) so I know what's crap and what's great. And let me tell u that the avr 335 is a fantastic reciever.
Its easy to work with. It has a digital display that lets you know if all speakers are on and what type of audio source is coming in. It also converts all audio into 7.1 wich is a big plus for me.( does not do true 7.1 audio such as from blu-ray movies)
All in all Harmon kardon is the way to go.

Purchased At:   circuitcity

Submitted by dpl2008msw a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2008

Bottom Line:
The only research I conducted before my purchase was finding the lowest price for a new and complete Harman Kardon system because I knew, or at least believed, HK was high-end AV equipment.

Purchased At:   B&H

Submitted by INANNAE a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2008

Bottom Line:
I received this model in January 07 from Vance McCall via e-bay for Harmon Kardon. It is a reconditioned model with full factory warranty. When I first received it I was too busy and traveling to hook it up. Matter of fact it wasn't until September 07 that I got around to installing the unit in my system. It kept cutting out in stereo and in surround. I had it disconnected and the old AV30 model reinstalled. Mr. McCall never sent the paperwork to register the unit and never sent the receiver receipt (invoice) so I could register it and doesn't answer calls. It doesn't work at all now. So I am being forced to have an outside service center take a look at it at my expense. It's definitely the LAST Harmon Kardon product I'll ever own. The AV30 I had for 15 years cuts in and out itself but it works enough for now. I'll now look at a DEON or PIONEER.

Purchased At:   Vance McCall (intern

Submitted by 162db a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2005

Bottom Line:
This review is for the AVR-330. Bought from HK direct as a refurb unit. First off this was my very first HT receiver. I mainly used the internal dac via optical cable from my dvd player for music.

I Don't have a dedicated cd player yet but I will soon. The difference I noticed was night and day. On Rage Against The Machine - Pocket Full Of Shells I could actually hear the full decay of the bass guitar, something I've never heard before using the internal dac on the dvd player.

Instruments were more seperated and I could now clearly hear each instrument accurately as it was being played. I could also hear each note with accuracy on the guitar even during complex musical passages. Again, something I've never heard before on the dvd player. This is a great sounding receiver....when it was working.

6 days after I got it, it started to automatically shut off for no reason. For the money, it is hard to beat if you get a fully working model.

I can't say much else about it since I didn't even get to use it for a week. HK has great customer service though. Gave me the option of a refund or an exchange, I took the refund.

Peerless: