Denon AVR-900 A/V Receivers

3.67/5 (12 Reviews) MSRP : $400.00

Denon AVR-900 All seasons

Submitted by mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2013

Bottom Line:
i paid $50 at goodwill, it power most of my towers and floor standing monsters. i give it a good review.

Submitted by gen_y_kid a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2008

Bottom Line:
I don't remember how much my old man bought it a long, long time ago, but I found it again in the attic. Once the living room centerpiece, we also used it in family occasions and school projects. I killed it somehow because I used the speaker wires that came with it, which I noticed too late had already terribly corroded due to storage. Apparently "PROTECT" did not kick in in time. Got it fixed by an authorized Denon Service center here in Manila for price shown above. Some blown caps and transistors. Maybe it was just stuck there too long. Now sounds just as good as when I watched one of my first Disney movie on Laserdisc when I was much younger. I needed something loud to play music with, and I'm glad I found it again. Being strictly analog, I'm surprised it holds up with dad's Yamaha RX-V540, but of course only in Stereo and some Pro Logic sources. good thing we didn't throw it away.

Purchased At:   my dad's attic, Quez

Submitted by denonavrexpert a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2008

Bottom Line:
well iv had this stereo reciver for 2 months now bought jbls this stereo is sooooooooooooooo POWERFULL if you think it has no power you must want to blow out your ears and demolish your house this will literaly raise the roof... sounds very good i recommend this reciver to everyone u will be 100 satisfied especially for the price who needs hdmi for a reciver its a stereo not a television use the normal red and white inputs perfectly fine.

Submitted by Cosmic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
This receiver worked fine... until I purchased a set of surround speakers. Then I found out the surround processor was blown. Paid $80 to get it fixed. Worked for about 9 months, then same problem. I spoke to a repair tech at Denon and apparently they had a lot of problems with the DDSC-A processor in this receiver so I would stay away from it, especially if you buy used.

Purchased At:   Sounds Deluxe Westmo

Submitted by trevornetwork a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
Although this receiver is lacking in frills, it is a great entry-level audiophile receiver. I use is strictly for stereo listening, believe me it sounds great. I love the "Utilitarian" look of the receiver. It also seems to have a very clean amplification path. It is able to provide more than enough power for my Triangle Titus 202's (90dB/1W/1m). I love the sound.

Purchased At:   Friend