Denon AVR-3803 A/V Receivers

4.44/5 (87 Reviews) MSRP : $1199.00

Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II & DTS ES Discrete 6.1 A/V Receiver

Submitted by Orlando a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2015

Bottom Line:
the AVR 3803 is a high performance amplifier and high frequency tone, clear and crisp high frequencies. clear and strong media unlike other brands, deep bass without distocion is very important this computer settings, if you do not have your remote control will not be able to enjoy quality, bad team is not set in front, only with the remote and on screen is my second silver 3803, I have used several speakers, Infinity, Energy, Boston, Paradigm, Celestion, B & W, Mission, Klipsch. This device conforms to any speaker, now I use it with a Klipsch KG 4.2 and a subwoofer Velodyne CHT, Some say that this device is not effective, I think you do not know how to use or set, I had plenty of amplifiers, such as Yamaha, Rx v3000, Integra 4.9 and 6.2 K Harman AVR 435, and other inferior brands. The Denon AVR 3803 is better in all respects, highly recommend them. I use both music and movies.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Dan J a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2015

Bottom Line:
Purchased this gently used demo out of the backroom of a local high-end audio salon for $75. It has no problem with my Dynaco A25 speakers, driving them to wall-shaking volume with ease. Sound is fine, my Harmony remote works with it, and I like the unit a lot.

I don't know if it was worth $1k when new but it certainly seems at least as good as the current models selling at or near that price. No doubt it's the buy of the year for $75.

Submitted by Big B a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2015

Bottom Line:
Incredible find for $100! The sound of this 12 year old receiver is pretty unreal. Crystal clear highs smooth mids and pounding bass out of my Polk RTI 12's. In the age of HDMI upconversion more time and money is spent on video processing while cutting corners on good audio processing. This beast houses 16 Burr Brown DAC's. It does run a little warm but not as hot as my old school yamahas. If you just want some good clean powerful sound and aren't worried about hdmi connections this amp will treat you well, a real bargain for an audio only system.

Submitted by Ken a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2015

Bottom Line:
With 110 wpc, I expected a LOT more grunt, in the lower frequencies. This receiver sounds like it has 20 watts. Almost no bass at all. At a MSRP of 1199., anyone that purchased this has been ripped totally off. I have real 20 and 30 watt amps that completely blow this receiver off the planet. This product is a slap in the face to anyone that loves stereo gear. I paid 20.00 bucks for it and I am so glad I can get that back. Will do so at earliest opportunity. What a shame and an embarrassment to Denon. One positive I will say is it is fairly clean. I ran them with a pair of Polk Audio 10b's, Admittedly, not the most bass prolific speakers, but good enough to get the job done.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by moe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2009

Bottom Line:
piece of s*** plain and simple. save your money and buy something better, i bought this from a friend for 20 bucks and that was still over priced

Sennheiser: