Denon AVR-3600 A/V Receivers

4.14/5 (44 Reviews) MSRP : $1800.00

5 ch. Dolby AC-3, ProLogic, 90W x5 ch

Submitted by YOOPERGUY70 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2010

Bottom Line:
I HAVE 350WATT JBLs WITH 15" WOOFERS UP FRONT,165WATT 8" SONYS IN THE REAR AND A 200WATT 6.5"WOOFS CADENCE CENTER AND THIS RECEIVER CAN PUSH THEM TO THEIR LIMIT WITH POWER TO SPARE!AND CAN RUN THAT WAY ALL DAY WITHOUT A PROBLEM,JUST MAKE SURE YOU GIVE IT PLENTY OF BREATHING ROOM BECAUSE IT CAN GET A BIT HOT IF YOU DONT..HAD THREE DIFFERENT YAMADOGS (THE LAST OF WHICH PUT OUT SLIGHTLY MORE POWER ON PAPER THAN THIS DENON)AND THEY ALL WOULD SHUT THEMSELVES DOWN WITHIN MINUTES WHEN I'D TRY TO PUSH THEM THE SAME WAY!KEPT THINKING I HAD A BAD SPEAKER OR CROSSOVER OR SOMETHING,MUST HAVE CHECKED MY WIRING JOB 20 FRIGGIN TIMES UNTIL I BOUGHT MY 48 POUND BEAST FOR 86.OO BUCKS OFF E-BAY AND HAVEN'T HAD THOSE PROBLEMS SINCE.
THE ONLY GRIPE THAT I HAVE IS THAT IT DIDNT COME WITH THE REMOTE AND YOU NEED IT TO DO ALMOST EVERYTHING INCLUDING MOST THE SPEAKER FINE TUNING & ADJUSTMENTS AND THEY'RE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND,SO FAR THE ONLY ONE I'VE FOUND WAS FOR 99 BUCKS USED ON E-BAY!!!I DIDNT BUY IT!SHOULD HAVE, BUT I HATE TO PAY MORE FOR THE REMOTE THAN I DID FOR THE RECEIVER!
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS SOUNDS WHEN OR IF I EVER DO FIND A REMOTE......
REVIEW BY:YOOPERGUY
FOUND A REMOTE,AFTER DOING SYSTEM SETUP THIS THING SOUNDS EVEN BETTER AND LOUDER THAN BEFORE!!!!!LOVE THIS RECEIVER EVEN MORE NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by jim cancil a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2007

Bottom Line:
This is my srcond one. For the price, this is heads above the Onyko I used at home and the new one is replacing the Yahama
at my office. I'm not a serious listener but I can tell the difference. ..now I have to get better speakers for work.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by job a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
This august it will be 5 years since i purchased the Denon 3600 av receiver. The most notable aspect of the receiver is the durability... Denon builds them to last.I've owned 5 different receivers and the Denon is the longest I've kept. Power reserves are ample. Sound quality is smooth. I recently added the Reference Series ( rc3 ) from Klipsch to the left right and center. This addition really brought out the capabilities of the receiver. I run the tone controls on flat, however, at high volume the treble is a little bright.The receiver is carrying a vcr,cassette,cd,dvd,satellite receiver,turntable,wireless headphone amp.36 inch tv,and last but not least a reel to reel deck. All possible are wired s-video,monster,and optic. Speakers on front are the Klipsch RC3, infinity sub and Klipsch rears.I'll probably keep this receiver indefinitly,however,my next upgrade will be seperates that is if i can wear out the 3600.

Purchased At:   sound idea fort wort

Submitted by RDL a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
I just recently replaced my Yamaha RX-V2090 reciever with the Denon AVR-3600(no DTS model). I run the the reciever with a pair of Paradigms Studio Ref 100's(mains), matching Studio Ref CC, and a pair of Paradigms Ref LCR 450's in the rear. I use Paradigms PW-2200 12 inch sub for that added kick on movie soundtracks. The first thing that I noticed is that the denon had a softer sound(the same softer sound noticable in a tube amplifier). This characteristic really adds to the smooth sound of a rich jazz, or blues recording. This denon has no problems dealing with the low load charateristics of my Studio 100's, and has a very large power reserve for hi dynamic movie recordings ( or HDCD recordings ). Denons 5ch stereo DSP mode allows for the full use of my expensive and fully capable rear speakers. All in all, the Denon AVR 3600 is an amazing purchase(for $750) for any audio enthusiast, and for that matter any audio phile. I would definatly purchase a denon receiver again.

Purchased At:   private sale

Submitted by Jim Eichvalds a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
I use this in my family room as a second system. The 3600 performs well with my vandersteen model 1C speakers. Decent 2 channel sound, too many useless sound field options. Lets remmember this IS a reciever and in my opinion sounds better than the Yamaha and Onkyo recievers in its price range. Much better value used than new, like any reciever. I still think no reciever should be rated as an audiophile system. Separates rule!!

Purchased At:   e-bay