Denon AVR-3300 A/V Receivers

4.36/5 (541 Reviews) MSRP : $999.00

Dolby Digital & DTS A/V Receiver • Cinema EQ • 24 bit, 96 kHz Analog Devices DACs on all six channels • Composite, "S", and Component video outputs • 9 analog inputs • 24 bit, 96 kHz PCM digital input receiver/decoder • 8 Channel Pre-amp Output • 20 bit A/D conversion • 105 watts per channel • 5 Composite and 5 "S" video inputs • DDSC-D Surround Decoder featuring Analog Devices SHARC 32 bit DSP processor • 4 digital inputs, addressable, 3 optical, 1 coaxial • 2 Component Video Inputs

Submitted by Brian Tambe a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2015

Bottom Line:
I bought this receiver brand new in April of 2000 for $900.00 , the dealer is a friend of mine and cut me a deal , especially since I bought a Klipsch Subwoofer and center channel at the same time. I asked Scott ( The music shop Grants Pass Oregon ) what would be the BEST receivwer that would give me a home theatre experience and also perform well for music listening. he didn't hesitate and showed me the denon AVR 3300. This receiver won Amplifier of the year in 2000 from Home theatre review and I can clearly see why. Excellent performance and is going strong for 15 years now. It looks brand new and performs like the day I bought it. I'm running Klipsch KG 4 Loudspeakers with a Klipsch synergy series center channel and a Klipsch KSW 12 Subwoofer and a pair of BMW monitor series for rears. The sound is amazing whether I'm watching a movie in DTS or Dolby Digital or listening to music on my Denon DCM 360 CD changer. I love this receiver and hope it continues to be with me another 15 years. BTW: The key to a electronic unit like this to last a long time is to keep it ventilated well and keep dust from getting into the unit. thanks for reading.

Submitted by alan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2005

Bottom Line:
I used this for my Kinima Hi-G2 and now my Tannoy S8 and seems to work really well. Used for HT and stereo music and works really well. However, they don't have bi-wire ready output. 5 Ch sounds great.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by spyonu2007 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2005

Bottom Line:
I drive the unit hard, when needed and I did have it shut off a couple of times, mostly due to the confines of the audio rack I believe, for when I relocated the unit to a better venilated area, it performs effortlessly.

Lots of flexibilty with this unit, having preouts for everychannel. Not to mention each channel is able to be adjusted independantly.

Purchased At:   Sound Of Peoria

Submitted by frankieshoes a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2004

Bottom Line:
Was great when it worked, but had to have it serviced twice, and now it's on the blink again. Will only work in stereo CD mode now, same problem as before -- some problem with the microprocessor apparently. I bought an extended guaranty that included getting a loaner receiver, so it wasn't overly inconvenient, but I don't want to go through it again. I put it through a lot of use, sometimes all day, but is a receiver only supposed to last 4 years? In reading the board, I see others have had similar problems, and I would be most hesitant to buy from Denon again for fear of getting another lemon.

Purchased At:   Good Guys

Submitted by Louie Bourassa a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 15, 2003

Bottom Line:
Denov AVR 3300. I have owned this reciever for over three years. I am running it through a complete Def Tech speaker system and a Toshiba DVD 5 disk. LARGE family/home theater room. Denon has always been known for good clean power, at 105 watts this reciever puts out. Excellent Dolby Digital / DTS playback. Good flexibility in the DPS modes easy to use on screen menues. Sound is clean and good, decent full range to incredible volumes with little compresion or distortion, takes a while to make it clip at high vol. I do feel the Def Techs would sonicaly bennefit from more power (dugh),although very happy with overall sound and product.Full funtion easy to use remote, easy to follow owners manual. Anyone intrested in a low to mid priced reciever should definetly give the Denon line a good listen. You might not have to spend as much money as you thought.

Purchased At:   A& B Sound