Denon AVR-3200 A/V Receivers

4.35/5 (129 Reviews) MSRP : $1200.00

(See reviews)

Submitted by William a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2011

Bottom Line:
The denon AVR 3200 was a huge waste of money. I should have just bought a cheap $200 Pioneer or something. The left channel only works about 50% of the time and the reset doesn't work. For the amount of money that this thing cost it should never break. Of course the salesman at Ultimate Electronics convinced me that it was the thing to get at the time, as it has S-video switching, a feature that I have never used. Spending a lot of money doesn't always equal quality.

Submitted by D'Artagnan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2010

Bottom Line:
I usually don't blog but feel inclined to do so since I've owned my Denon 3200 since Sept 1999. Paid $900.00 as demo from United Audio/ Tweeter. I have no complaints whatsoever other than now I could use a couple of HDMI inputs. Coupled with M&K 750 THX Series it simply rocks. Whenever I upgrade I Denon will be my first choice.

Submitted by sticky2k7 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2009

Bottom Line:
This amp is the best thing ever, ive got it pluged in to spekers that are way more power demanding than the amp can give and it dosnt even brake a swett doing it and it spends all day evey day at 90% output, its loves it and ive got 1300whatts conected to it and a 250whatt sub, and theres never bin a problem at all, god knows wot i could conect to the more powerfull models.

Submitted by Dan Sz a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought this Rcvr-Amplifier in 1999 for $1500 and basically paid retail. It was my second amp ever.

I used it in a basement hometheatre system with a 65 inch widescreen rear projection TV that never saw anything better than an interlaced component video DVD player or a laserdisk player.

Needless to say, running the AC-3 digital audio from a Japanese imported laserdisk of The Phantom Menace was an ear-popping experience. Running four Cerwin-Vega 400W speakers in four corners and a small center channel, the surround sound experience was inspiring. Total immersion. The sound was amazing. Crystal clear and with power to rock the house. This was in 1999, well... 2000 actually.

I used the amp every weekend for two years then put it in storage. The only problem I have is some coax digital sources are always tripping the overload indicator a problem that still occurs today.

I'm looking for my next Denon amp. They make great products. Ignore the review by the guy who bought on used and it blew up. Mine is 10 years old and still working.

Submitted by flynavy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2004

Bottom Line:
Had a couple of average quality AV units from Pioneer and Onkyo, but my best Pioneer crapped the right channel a month ago so I started shopping. Found this on Ebay and the price was so good I couldn't pass it up. I finally got all the speakers hooked up and all inputs filled. (both satellite TV and Digital Cable, DVD, VCR, and 2 CD players). This thing rocks! Runs my Infinity fronts and Bose rears with fantastic clarity! I have a low end sub that I was thinking of upgrading, but I'll wait to see what it does with this Denon. I shopped for others at Best Buy and CC, but never heard anything close to this one for the money. It retailed for 1200 new, so I was psyched to get it for under 200. the remote is a little user unfriendly, but thats a small price to pay for the fantastic denon sound. Bottom line is you can't overload this thing, its a workhorse, I have every input plugged with something and it cranks fantastic sound from them all. I only gave it a 4 for value becaue I don't think I would have dropped 1200 bucks for it new.

Purchased At:   Ebay