Denon AVR-2500 A/V Receivers

3.97/5 (29 Reviews) MSRP : $799.00

85W x 3, 25W x 2 rear Dolby Pro Logic

Submitted by Robert a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2010

Bottom Line:
I recently bought the Denon avr 2500 at a thrift store for $10.00 for my leisure room. When I hooked it up to my speakers and c.d. player I couldn't believe the sound quality.
I have a pioneer elite in my family room that is top of the line and I like the Denon I payed $10.00 for, for music listening better!

Submitted by DidierK a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
Great amp, years of very good service, without any problems. Loving it for many more years !!

Looking for a copy of the owner's manual. please help

Thanks

Submitted by Josh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
it is the best ive used

Submitted by Randy34 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
Hi people.., Need Help.
Need a copy of the owners manual for the 2500. I own the AVC-2800 which is the 2500 less the tuner. I have all the reviews from 1995 from curtco's "home theater tech-mag". On the 2500/2800 in which DENON beat up the competition in the $1000.00 A/V receiver shoot out.Will trade or share all info i have on this CLASSIC from DENON. For copy of owners manual for ethier one.any one kind enough to help me may reach me at:
Guardian34@webtv.net

Submitted by Andy Fleisher a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is my first receiver and I have been happy with it so far.I was silly and should have gotten a DD ready receiver instead so now I have to buy a new one. I got this one because it had more power that the DD ready model I was looking at. Now I know not to just look at wattage.
The sound quality is good and it drives my speakers fine. I have never even gotten close to turning it up to 12 o'clock on the dial. There are enough inputs but it is easy to run out. I have a TV, VCR, DVD, and video game system hooked up and I had to go to the front inputs. The preamp stage is pretty good and switches between signals quickly. The only thing I don't really like is the remote. I have gotten used to it and have programed my other remotes into it and use the macro feature, but other people have to always ask me how to do something brcause it is too complicated with the sliders and similar shaped buttons. From what I have seen, DENON hasn't changed their remote style that much and most of them still get complaints. I guess that this was a good but in its day but now without DD or DTS and receivers with both of these getting below $300 it is not worth much. I have enjoyed this receiver a lot since I got it, but I am looking to get a new one.
As a side note I think I purchased a returned model because I had problems with the volume knob not responding to the remote. It took a total of about two months to fix, and now it has worked fine ever since.

Purchased At:   Sound Factor