Denon AVR-1802 A/V Receivers

4.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $356.00

Submitted by vicgar a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
Wow, I tell you this reciver sounds fantastic. I don't know what some of the negative comments are about. I have done allot of research because I wanted to get it right the first time. I'm stationed in Italy and have attended over 40 symphonies and as many opera’s. Believe me when I say that my house sounds like a concert hall. I can hear every single instrument as if they where playing in my home. I didn’t pay much more than 1500 dollars for my system, which consists of two Bose’s 601, Bose center channel, two Bose 201’s, for the rear surround, and a powered 10’ Yamaha YAM-YSTSW320 subwoofer. My cd’s are played on a Sony play station with an optical cable running into a $500 dollar Denon receiver. I tell you I have the best of both worlds. I get my symphonic reproductions, as well as top notch home theatre that rumbles my walls, leaps my out of my seat, and has me dogging bullets and laser blast, holy moly!

Purchased At:   NEX

Submitted by Nathan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
Over all I am pleased with the receiver. You really can't beat the price for what you get. What sold me was the demo at the store. There is a part in the movie the Patriot where a soldier is walking on the floor above the basement where the kids are hiding. Not only could we hear the footsteps behind us, but we could also tell that it was coming from above us.

It has many listening modes, but I find the stereo and PL II sound the best and that is what I mostly use.

It powers 5 Boston acoustic surround speakers and a Validine sub. Since I have only satalite speakers (wife insisted) and a self powered sub the internal amp is good for my needs.

It sounds great for what it is, but if I am able to upgrade I think I will.

MS 1400W: