Denon AVR-1802 A/V Receivers

4.63/5 (67 Reviews)

Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II and DTS A/V Receiver

Submitted by Anita Freeman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2010

Bottom Line:
I brought the denon AVR1802 in the year 2002. Great Amp! still kicks...I just replaced my bose 201's with Kplish R-52 for front and center. Working on getting surrond sound R52's as well. Powered by a 12 Velodyne subwoofer. My receiver still rocks!!

Submitted by BobAruba a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2007

Bottom Line:
I wanted to build a good sounding inexpensive 5.1 surround system. The positive reviews of the AVR-1802 when first introduced in early 2002 (back then MSRP was $1600 USD) led me to attempt to acquire a used unit in decent shape. Low and behold ~ my audio intensive friend desiring to upgrade to a 7.1 surround system was happy to sell me his AVR-1802 at the incredible price (to me) of only $100 (USD)! The processed sound from the AVR-1802 compares favorably to the dual Carver M500t amps and Harman Kardon Citation 25 pre-amp setup I had. Denon’s known quality of build with their amplifiers together with my friend’s careful care and handling of his stereo components made me one happy guy. It will be the commanding centerpiece in my 5.1 surround system and it doesn’t get much better than that!

Purchased At:   From a friend

Submitted by Jason Smith a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
Ever since the first day I had the receiver, Ive been absolutely in love with it. Compared with a Marantz, Yamaha, Harman/Kardon, and Onkyo, the Denon left them in the dust for price, sound quality, features such as ProLogic 2(a huge strength), versatiliy, and overall build quality. It sounds better every time I listen to it. It drives my Paradigm Monitor3's with no trouble, even at high levels, and has great sound in a hometheater set-up. Very recommended!

Purchased At:   Bizrate

Submitted by drlazybones a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
I listened to Onkyo, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Denon and others before deciding on the Denon. Its sound was just better than the others, probably comparable to the Onkyo. This unit sounds better than a $1000 Sony receiver, though the processing may not be as slick.

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by Russ Howell a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
That 670 Canadian Dollars Or 12 US.

After reading many reviews and searching the internet for price comparison's I found the unit @ a retailer near me.
I am totally pleased. The unit was going head to head against a Yamaha RX 1200. After looking and listening it was very appearent the Denon was easily the winner. I've got in surround by Energy C5, c-c1 and c-r1's and to top it off the xl s-12 sub. I think I've gone to heaven. Or it sounds like heaven.

Purchased At:   A&B Sound