Aiwa AV-X200 A/V Receivers

3.89/5 (9 Reviews) MSRP : $400.00

Submitted by Tim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2011

Bottom Line:
This is not the best receiver on the market but I have owned it since 1997 and at the time it was comparable to Sony and Pioneer at the time. Infact, I thought for the price it blew the them out of the water! I paid $250. I agree with a previous post the surround sound isn't the greatest but for listening to music it is great! I have 4 250w 12's hooked up to it and I have used it at levels up to half of the max and it still produces great sound. It has an overheating safety switch to protect it, Plenty of hook-ups and easy to use interface. This was my first receiver and I still use it to listen to music. I can't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon.

Submitted by orinmed1 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have had this stereo since it was new in 1997, it has served me well. No it does not have all the features newer receivers with HD have. It does put out great sound and has plenty of auxillary ports for connecting other components to. Jacks in front are nice to have. Has lighted display that switches from red to green letting you know wether your on cd, dvd ect. As mentioned in other reviews there are better receivers but for the money and sound quality you can't go wrong. I have had this receiver for 12-13 years and still works flawlessly!

Submitted by Stephen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
Grade a+! I've had this reciever for about a year with no problems accept it doesn't have 5.1 it would be perfect for someone's 1st reciever

Submitted by Chad Klausing a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is the reciever that got me through my college years. I have since upgrade to Rotel (quite an upgrade!), but have passed this reciever along to my room-mate, who is very pleased with it, as was I during my ownership.

Yeah, so it doesn't have all the newest and greatest features. However, what it does have is some amazing sound quality, and for the price, you would be amazed at just how well it performs.

As far as complaints go, the surround levels are a joke. Try watching a movie using Pro Logic, and you have to work to hear the sound coming from the rear speakers. This would be great if it was due to the fact that they were blending seamlessly with the rest of the sound, but in reality it is simply because they aren't very loud:( For music though, the stereo reproduction is great, and it offers a taste of DSP modes to play around with as well. Never used them much, but a few CDs sounded pretty cool with various modes.

All in all, if you are looking for a great HT reciever, there are better buys out there. If you are looking for something low-cost, that will be used mostly for music, then this is a worthy choice. For a while, I was using this reciever with a pair of Cerwin Vega AT-12's, and it sounded incredible!

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by ANDY a

Date Reviewed: November 23, 1999

Bottom Line:
GOOD VALUE FOR THE MONEY. WITHOUT AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL AS I BOUGHT THE STORE'S FLOOR MODEL, I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT MOST THINGS ON MY OWN. THE SOUND IS CLEAN AND TRUE.
I ADDED A SONY SUB-WOOFER TO ROUND OUT THE BASS END AND
I'M GLAD I DID. THE CENTER SPEAKER IS FAIR, WHILE THE REAR SPEAKERS ARE ADEQUATE.

60.0 WA BLACK: