Aiwa AV-DV95 A/V Receivers

3.71/5 (7 Reviews)

DD/DTS Receiver. April - June 99

Submitted by Bob Durkee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
The FM/AM board fried, couldn't find or get any product support, even though I registered the reciever (oxymorn?).

Purchased At:   Netmarket.com

Submitted by Steve jensen a

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
I just recently bought it at Best Buy, and it really kicks. It really made my cerwin-vegas sound a lot better. I had them plugged into my old (1-year) sony reciever, and when I switched them into my aiwa it sounded a ton better. Aiwa, you guys make the greatest stereo equipment. I would recccomend this product to anybody looking for a newer and better stereo.

Submitted by Paul M Whitman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2000

Bottom Line:
I like the way everything works. It took a me an hour or so to read thru the manual to try things out. Although Aiwa is not so popular a name as some of the other receiver companies, they have satisfied me well. I especially liked the DTS DD And Surrond Sound modes that basically covers the movie industry for now until they come out with something newer and better. For 299.00 I feel it was what i was looking for at this time. Thanks Ola

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
Last review. Couldn't quite get rid of the hum although I reduced it to acceptable levels. I was new to digital sound when I ordered this unit and the more I learned in the last week the more I realized the Aiwa is not what I was looking for. Sounds great out of the box but not for the Audio enthusiast. Have ordered ONKYO TX-DS575 and am returning the Aiwa. Possibly critical missing feature, no 96kHz DAC.

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
I would like to temper the enthusiasm of my initial review. Although this system is a decent all around low-priced receiver, it does have some problems. The specs are in my opinion exaggerated by not using the full response range and other tricks to up the wattage rating. In Dolby Digital it is just barely powerful enough for a satisfactory viewing experience in my (rather large) listening/viewing room although in analog pro logic mode it is fine. I have also been plagued by a hum that made Dolby digital unusable, I was able to reduce it to a tolerable level by adding a ground and isolating the power cord. Aiwa tech support is a joke, they were not even able to give me the crossover point for the Subwoofer output. I still think this is a good deal for many people, but I am now at the point where I am strongly considering returning it, mainly because of the hum and its over exaggerated power specs. My old Sony rated at 70 Watts 20HZ-20KHZ could cleanly drive my speakers playing demanding musical passages to higher levels than the AIWA in 2 Channel mode. If the hum rears its ugly head in the next week it is definitely going back.

BLG CP024: