Aiwa AV-D3OU A/V Receivers

3.5/5 (8 Reviews) MSRP : $250.00

Audio/Video Receiver with DVD Dolby Digital

Submitted by Jerry Baker a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2001

Bottom Line:

It's really not all that great.

Submitted by Casey B a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
It's ok. Not all that impressed

Submitted by Brian a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2000

Bottom Line:
I use to think that this was a pretty good unit for what you pay, but I have since changed my opinion. I purchased the receiver as a home theatre package about a year ago, with the plan to upgrade the speakers that it came with. I knew I was getting poor speakers, but I thought the receiver would atleast be adequate. Unfortunately the receiver turned out to be poor as well. I recently purchased a pair of Klipsch Synergy speakers to replace the ones that came with the HT package. Now that I have good speakers, I can hear the music fading in and out at moderate volumes. Apparently this is due to the small capacitors that are in the unit. At first I thought it might be a defective unit, but my roommate's does the same thing. Because of the poor amplifier in this unit, I now can't enjoy my new speakers until I get a new receiver. Unfortunately my plan of buying something cheap and upgrading backfired on me. You definately get what you pay for.

Submitted by Jay a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 20, 1999

Bottom Line:
I picked this up a few months ago, under a limited budget, and I don't regret it one bit.

Last Christmas, when I got my first DVD player, I knew I had to upgrade my old Pioneer Surround Sound (before Pro-Logic) receiver.

I also, could not pass it up for the price, so I took it home, and to my amazement, everything hooked up together nice, the manual was very well written and the sound quality was very impressive. And the fact that it is Doly Digital ready (AV-D30) is just icing on the cake!

My only complaint about this receiver is that there is no adjustment for bass and treble. I could do without the "Electronic Graphic Equalizer", give me a bass and treble knob!

Other that that minor complaint, 50 or so DVD's later and a DSS unit going through this receiver, I'm very happy, happy!

Submitted by Murali a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 15, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have bought this as a start up of my home theatre. It is very affordable at $140.00 in netmarket and I hooked it up with my SONY U581AV front speakers, used some old speakers as surround speakers and a FISHER center channel speaker. It delivers excellent sound and the TBASS it deleivers through mail speakers is very impressive and I stongly suggest this to anyone who is at startup of a home theatre instead of trying lots of money on other receivers.

Wood Technology: