The Emotiva LMC-1 delivers an engaging, natural sound stage whether set up for home theater or two channel music. The LMC-1 features 8-channel analog inputs for SACD and DVD-A sources, 7.1 RCA outputs to your favorite amplifier (such as the Emotiva LPA-1), Dolby Pro Logic IIx for turning your 2-channel sources into 5.1/6.1/7.1 as well as all the other formats such as Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS-ES, and DTS Neo:6 decoding.
The LMC-1 also features video up conversion. This allows you to run all your composite, S--video and component sources to the LMC-1 and output all on a single component video cable. The LMC-1 has three 100Mhz component inputs and the OSD (on-screen display) is available over component too.
• Crystal Semiconductor based 7.1 Channel Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro-Logic II/IIx, DTS, DTS-ES, and DTS Neo:6 decoding
• Audiophile grade 24-bit/192kHz CODEC
• OSD (On Screen Display) for easy set up and calibration. Logical and easy to use. OSD is available on Component, S-Video and composite outputs
• Automatic up-conversion of S-video and composite video sources to 480i component video
• 0.5dB resolution on the Master Volume and on all Level Trims
• Second zone audio capability; can play audio sources independent of the main zone
• Independent Delay Time Adjustment for the Center, Rear Surrounds and Side Surrounds
• Full-time digital down-mix for analog two-channel tape recording and second zone audio output from multi-channel digital sources
• Full function custom IR remote control
• Second zone IR remote capability
• Internal 2 x 25 watt second zone power amplifier. Tracks the selected second zone audio source.
• Optional second zone wall mount remote control panel with display of level and source select (requires 2 gang electrical box opening)
• FM/AM tuner with 40 presets
• HDMI - External automatic 2x1 switcher included
Maintains 480i, 480p, 720p, 720i, 1080i and 1080p resolutions. High quality silver contact relays provide a high bandwidth, passive signal path. Supports cable runs of up to 50 feet
• Three sets of HDTV compatible wide-bandwidth component video inputs with buffered outputs
• Five sets of audio/video inputs, each with audio, S-video, and composite video
• Two pair audio-only inputs
• Eight channel analog audio input using RCA connectors for DVD-A, SACD, or other external multi-channel source
• Digital audio (S/PDIF) inputs for four sources: three coax or optical and one coax only
• RCA line level outputs for all channels
• DSP based tone controls
• User selectable crossover frequency for all speakers when set to small
Bought this with the LPA-1 amplifier. It replaces an old Onkyo recv'r and for the money ($749 for the combo) it is a no-brainer. Sound quality, build and service are A-1. For the price of a midline HT recv'r, I now own separates, so I have power and flexibility. Sound is way better than the Onkyo. Even comes with an external HDMI switcher(x2).
Only 2 knobs on the front-volume and elector. Very easy to set-up. All the latest audio codex (except HD-Dolby and DTS Master), and when the LMC-2 comes out in a few months, I can purchase it for 40% off the retail price...and keep my LMC-1! It also has a built in 25w X2 Zone 2 mode for powering a remote set of speakers. All in all, I could not be happier with this product. Check out the reviews on their wedsite from Audioholics...that is wahat ultimately sold me on this product.