RCA RCU1000B Remote Controls

1.4/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $119.99

Universal Remote Control

Submitted by kingofloft a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
Spent 3 days programming this thing. It has already "frozen" once requiring me to remove batteries. I had to "ir learn" almost every button from my 5 other remotes. However, the RCU1000B keeps forgetting my TV commands. I've had to re-learn these 4 times. The help 1-800 number is useless.

Purchased At:   Frys

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
I found this as an open box item at Best Buy and thought I would give it a try. It is easy to see why it was returned by the last purchaser and I am going to do the same. It is awkward to use and poorly designed. I own and use the RCA RCU810 which is manufactured by UEI, the company that makes the One For All remotes. Since the RCU1000B is supposedly a step up from the 810 which I like really well, I thought this might be worth a try. I don't know what company actually manufactures this remote. Don't be tempted to buy this regardless of how low the price gets. I can't imagine anyone would find this remote suitable. I usually like RCA products and own several but this one is total junk.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Matt a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
This thing is a piece of junk. It couldn't find my Panasonic DVD/Stereo system for the life of it. The "touch screen" had broken pixels within 24 hours for no reason (many of them) and half the time the screen didn't even work.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
A total disgrace. Complete piece of junk. I experienced same problems mentioned in previous reviews. Also had problems with this remote locking up - the display would freeze and not allow any keypresses. The only way to clear this was to force a power-off by removing the batteries, then replacing them, but then this caused the remote to dump everything I programmed into it. This happened several times. Hope I can return it. If not, will run over it.

Submitted by Blessed a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
RCA should be ashamed. Truly.

Don't buy this product and if you already have then take it back before you have a hole in your living room wall that looks just like the RCU1000B. TRUST. Total Junk.

RCA just lost any self respect they were still clinging onto.

Purchased At:   Fry's