Niles Audio Corporation IRP6+ Remote Control IR Repeater System

Submitted by Wayne a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
I live in a three story townhouse and can controll ALL my A/V equipment from anywhere in the house (as long as I aim my remote to the Niles IR reciever - see my other review), even though it's all in the basement.

When the house was built I had it wired for network, audio, video, and IR. The IR distribution system works GREAT. It's easy to install (once the wiring is run) and I've had no problems what-so-ever (other than a boatload of wires comming out of the wall at the system head end).

If you are thinking about pre-wiring - DO IT! It will pay off in months. The convience is great. You just aim your remote(s) at the IR receiver and it sends the signal to the repeater, which then 'blasts' your components.

I have had NO trouble controling any piece of equipment. The IR emitters that work with this are translucent - you can still control the piece of equipment if you are in the room (unless you cover the emitter with the supplied shield).

If you have/are pre-wiring - this unit is definately worth the money. If you have can't run wires, I would stick with an RF distribution system.

Purchased At:   onecall.com