Jensen SC-595 RF Remote Controls

3.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $59.95

Submitted by Bull a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
I needed a way to operate the two satellite receivers in my living room from my bedroom. I had an old Radio Shack remote sender that I wanted to replace, so I bought the 595. It seemed like the perfect solution, since it can operate two different brands of satellite receivers at the same time, as well as other components. Less remotes on my nightstand (lol). The 595 is a great idea, since it includes a multi-room RF transmitter in the remote. Set up the included receiver in front of your stereo rack, and you can run just about anything from 100 feet away. (The RF transmitter is integrated into the remote).

The remote didn't seem very solid, but I was only going to be using it from my bed. No big deal, but it might not stand up to much abuse, like a remote should. Programming the remote took only five minutes. The instructions were very simple to follow, except for the auto program function. Never did figure that one out. The instructions wanted you to enter product codes… so what is so automatic about it if you have to do that? Again, no big deal, since all my component codes were listed, except my Apex DVD.

My problem with this remote was very silly. I still can’t believe it. My Bell Expressvu 3100 sat receiver remote uses separate buttons to scroll through the guide by page. The remote had no buttons for this function. Imagine surfing 400 channels without page-at-a-time. Even sillier, the guide button on the 595 does not bring up the guide for my Sony B-3 receiver at all! It does nothing!

This remote is a great idea, but it would seem that Jensen needs to make some changes before I can use it. If you do decide to try one, make sure all the functions work that you will need for each component. If they do work, and you need the multi-room RF function it will work great for you. Just be careful with it.

Purchased At:   FutureShop

Submitted by Rick a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
I was looking for a remote to operate my satellite system from any room in the house. I have three tv's connected to my system in different rooms. This remote worked perfect and the price is right.

Purchased At:   avsmarts.com