Sanus Component Furniture CF3AV Video Rack Racks & Stands

Submitted by Kornman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
Very solid and reasonably well built. When I was looking for a TV/component reck I had but three requirements: had to support the Sony 36XBR450, open design(no middle supports), and adequate shelf spacing for Sunfire components. This was the only unit that met all of them. It's not dead-on rock solid, however, it handles the big Sony no problem. Plenty of space for the Sunfire amp and pre-pro with the glass bases. The open design allows for the amp to be centered w/o any obtrusive poles getting in the way. I don't know if that makes any difference, in terms of asthetics though, looks good to me.

Assembly "could" be a snap. When I say could, I mean that in order to get the best possible result, one needs to be a little careful. I spent about an hour, with a framing square, putting it together. Even with that, it still didn't come out "exactly" square. The wood panels are a little off, no big deal, you dont notice unless your'e right up on it. There were a few nicks in the podwer coat, again, to me it's no biggie.

There has been a little, and I mean little, sagging of the top shelf under the TV. At 235 pounds plus the center channel, I'd expect it. One needs to decide before set-up if they want the colored panels cause once it's all said and done, it's gonna be a nightmare breaking everything down to access four screws. Ditto for adding shot. Sanus says no spikes, although it does come with them, however, if a TV is on top, no spikes.

Overall, an excellent rack. After looking at most of the high-end ones, the was the only item to meet my satisfaction, and at $400, a pretty good deal. There were others out there that "might" have been better, but they were $700+. I couldn't see the $300 difference to warrant buying them.

Purchased At:   local dealer