Bello SP-224 Racks & Stands

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

Bello SP-224 Heavy Duty Metal 24"" Speaker Stands with free shipping.

Submitted by maxximtl a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2005

Bottom Line:
The Bell'O SP-224's were one of the few stands that were appealing from an aesthetic standpoint. The curved base and center column are very attractive, and compliment a monitor with curved sides very nicely. I am using them with a fairly large Swan Diva 2.1 monitor.

The stand is well constructed, and comes in a satin black finish. The stands come with carpet spikes and plastic feet for hard surface floors.

For the money, they are probably one of the nicer stands you can buy. One STRONG caveat though. If you are using a large monitor, these stands really don't have enough weight to make them stable. My Diva's are 30lbs each and are somewhat rickety on these stands....especially on thick carpet. I would recommend only smaller monitors on these stands (ie under 20lbs.) While the stansd can physically hold much more, the base doesn't have enough ballast to make it safe.

If the stands were a bit more stable, I'd have no problem giving them 5-stars. However, because they are not ideally working for my setup, I will give them 4.

Purchased At:   www.racksandstands.c

Submitted by RJ Hanson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
Both my wife and I were immediately captivated by the design of these stands. Price-wise they were in line with others we had considered. The merchant we made the purchase through was an absolute pleasure dealing with. Our purchase actually arrived a day earlier than expected. Assembly was simple, at least on paper. You need to connect the two crescent shaped base pieces to the uprights using screws into pre-drilled holes. It took a little "persuading" to accomplish this, however. This was only a minor issue, and once the assembly was completed we were quite pleased with their functionality and aesthetics. I will be adding another set of bookshelf speakers to our set up in the near future and won't hesitate to purchase another set of these stands.

Purchased At:   Unique Style Solutio