BDI Ventura 7026 Racks & Stands

4.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $795.00

Constructed of solid hardwood and tempered glass, this innovative audio/video furniture attractively organizes home theater equipment. Available in Cherry stained maple, natural maple or ebonized ash. Made in USA.

Submitted by dreamst8 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2004

Bottom Line:
I saw this design, liked it, and could not believe the $800 price tag! So I studied the design for a few minutes, got a spec sheet from the dealer, and built one myself to fit my needs...I modified the shelf spacing and depth to make it fit more real world applications, such as a Carver TFM-75 and other larger pieces of equipment currently in my system. Overall, I still utilized 6 shelves, plus a larger top shelf, I did not use tempered glass, due in part w/ increased expense, delivery time and previous experience w/ non-tempered 1/4" glass. I used red oak planks from Home Depot, and smoked glass cut to my template, pocket screws, & dowel plugs to finish this hand rubbed med oak finish to match my furniture. If you have questions about my design, feel free to contact me. This was a relatively easy project that took about 4 nights after work to complete. Try it!

Purchased At:   Home Depot/Binswinge

Submitted by Steve a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is a very sturdy, expensive piece of a/v furniture that goes well with all types of decor. As the prior reviewer stated it will show dust, but than again, what a/v rack system won't (not a weakness). The glass provided in the unit is tempered and is very strong. The only draw back to the unit is that it cannot accomodate large pieces of equipment(ie. Krell) that are longer that 17"3/4 inches in width and 15" in depth. The cable management system as with all units get very messy when you use thicker rca connections and speaker cables. Overall, for its beautiful workmanship and elegant look that will impress your house guess, I give it a 5 star.

Purchased At:   sound city

Submitted by Gerry a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2000

Bottom Line:
I purchased two 7026's and a 7024 as a wall unit for $1550 plus $200 shipping from www.sounddistributors.com. Two of the joints were loose out of the box, even though the pieces were well packaged and the boxes didn't show any apparent damage or mishandling. The joints were assembled with dowels and glue. I added some more glue on the joints and reassembled the pieces. Good as new. The joints more or less hold the front and back together. They don't support the weight of the unit. I don't expect any problems. Each unit has six shelves which can each accomodate 1 component. If there was one fewer shelf then you could probably get 2 components on each shelf. Should probably cost less than half of what I paid. It's an okay piece with a solid feel, but it didn't exceed my expectations.

Purchased At:   www.sounddistributors.com