Home | Reviews | Others | Terk

Terk TV-25 TV Antenna Others

2.6/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $24.99

Submitted by tomy chen a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
as some other reviewers have said, the performance of this antenna is laughable. my rca rabbit ears actually perform better, after having tried the rca amplified one also, i can say the terk 25 is worse, and this one cost more. will return it for a different one. don't waste your money.

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by ktwelmeyer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased this antenna after being tried of paying for basic cable to get local channels with my DirectTV. After trying a set a rabbit ears I thought I was stuck with the basic cable. I decided to go and find an amplified antenna to see if one work any better than the standard rabbit ears. I purchased the Terk TV-25 and a RCA amplified antenna at about the same price. The TV-25 out performed the RCA unit. Once the loops were rotated to lock in a station, I was amazed at how not just the one station, but every staion, came in so clear without having to adjust the loops. Needless to say the RCA went back to Best Buy. I purchased another unit for the TV in basement. Works just as good in the basement.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am GLAD I Got the Terk TV25. I just got it today, but if this is any indication of what to expect as time goes on, I Recommend it.
It was a hard choice between that and a Jensed with dual amplifiers. But the Best Buy Guy told me several of his co-workers use Terk products at their cabins and were satisfied, so I that helped me make the choice, as both are up to 45db gains.

I decided to give up Time-Warner Cable, as
I don't want to pay the sky high prices. 49.95 for the first few months, then 59.95 is insane for a bunch of repeating programs. SO I got the Terk TV25 since other indoor amplified antennas were just fair.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by steve a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
For me the TV20 was a clear improvement over the rabbit ears I had. Stations that were fuzzy are now better, though not perfect. The improvement is not as dramatic as I'd hoped but probably worth the money.

I think the value of this will depend on your circumstances. If your problem is you live far from stations or have a weak TV, then a powered antenna is probably just the thing. On the other hand, if your problem is interference from competing stations or from buildings etc., then a powered antenna may be useless and painstakingly-adjusted rabbit ears will likely do better if you have the patience. I notice an unsatistfied customer from NYC and a satisfied one from AZ, which would make sense.

Submitted by craig kelleher a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
Sharper Image recommended this as the "best indoor TV antenna". I ordered it online for much less than Sharper Image's price and still got ripped off. The Terk's cheap plastic amplifier setting knob broke as soon as I used it and no combination of position, switch settings or amplifier produced a pleasing TV picture. At best after 10 minutes of agonized twiddling I got a picture that looked like abstract expressionist art. And each channel needed to be tuned individually--there was no one optimal setting as the box promised. I have seen other folks cheap RCA or Optimus rabbit ears work vastly better than the Terk. Maybe the cable companies own Terk and market this frustrating junk to drive customers into the arms of Time Warner Cable so they can see recognizable objects on their television screens...
This company should be renamed "Jerk" in honor of all of us suckers who wasted money on these chunks of scrap metal and plastic.

Purchased At:   online vendor, can't remember

BLG CP024: