Home | Reviews | Others | ROTEL

4.25/5 (4 Reviews)

Power Line Conditioner

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this unit for the power sequencing capability it has and it performs great in that respect. I hooked it up with a Yamaha RX-V1000 receiver and a Yamaha MX-630(?) power amp. This combination gave a rather disturbing and very loud 'wheeep' noise if the RX-V1000 was turned off before the power amp and since the RX-V1000 switched outlet has a piddly power rating, I couldn't plug the amp directly into the RX-V1000.

I plugged the power amp into the RLC-900 and the RLC-900's remote plug into the RX-V1000 switched outlet and now the problem is solved. The power amp is turned on and off remotely via the RLC-900 using the RX-V1000's remote control and the power-down operation is quiet and uneventful now.

Buy this unit for the power sequencing and you will be happy. If it makes a great difference in sound quality for your system, you'll be even happier.

Purchased At:   Westminster Stereo

Submitted by Tom a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 5, 1999

Bottom Line:
Made a huge difference in my system. There was a glare in the sound I did not know was there until it was gone. Greatly improved the FM tuner performance also. There are better ones on the market I am sure, but at a much higher price.

Submitted by Kory Brinton a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 8, 1999

Bottom Line:
For the first two years this piece was a great asset to my stack. But, now it cuts my amps in and out, with the emphasis on out! I am in the middle of getting it replaced now. Hopefully this will solve my problem.

Submitted by Raphael a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 16, 1998

Bottom Line:
I just added this AC line filter and power conditioner to my Rotel stack (Amp,PreAmp/Tuner,CD player) and the improvement was AMAZING! I could hardly believe my ears. The bass was much tighter and the midrange opened up tremendously. I would not have believed a power conditioner could do so much to improve the sound. This was definitely the best $200 investment I have made in my stereo.

BLG CP024: