Panamax Max 1000 Plus Surge Supressor Others

4.05/5 (21 Reviews) MSRP : $799.99

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

Uninterruptible Power Supply maintains power during short blackouts and brownouts,automatic voltage regulation circuitry for consistent power

Submitted by joshtuttle a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
I knew that I needed something to protect my new Denon AVR-2802 receiver, as well as my flat-screen tv and other components, so I did a good deal of reading and research (as is my custom) before making this purchase. I trusted the Panamax name for their reliability and went with a refurbished model rather than spending far more for a brand new model. Even though the 5100 has come out to replace this 1000+, it is still an incredible conditioner/surge suppressor if you can find one!
I noticed immediately upon hookup there was less background when listening very close to the speakers or at higher volumes (trust me, there was very little background noise before from my Boston VR series speakers, especially when playing CD's through my Denon changer!).
My cable picture changed very little, but I don't fault the Panamax for that since the picture was already exceptionally clear and vivid, with very little static (we must have good cable around here). No complaints at all as far as how the unit looks in my rack, no difficulties in hookup, and very pleased with the final result, especially from the acoustic end and the peace of mind that it brings.
Go with Panamax, unless you really feel that dishing out much more $$ for an upper end Monster Power unit is really going to be worthwhile. I didn't and am quite pleased!

Purchased At:   Refurb Direct from P

Submitted by Duffman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
I had used this unit in my system(s) for the last 3 years and I initially thought it was great! I had started with lower end receivers and what I noticed was tht it cut out some of the hiss in the speakers and I concluded that it was a huge improvement and also I had piece of mind that I was protected from surges that may damage my system, how could I go wrong with this product? Well.. as my system evolved into seperates with components from Classe, anthem, Sonic Frontiers B&K etc I still had never even considered not running them through the panamax, until I spoke directly with the engeniers who built the components in my system and they all told me NOT to use a surge protector. They did not single out Panamax but spoke in length about the effects it has on the sound quality of the various components and it made sence. I asked about protection for surges and was told that for all 30,000 components this particular manufacturer had produced over the years only 2 had come back due to surge issues and there was no indication wether it had been hooked up to a surge protector or not, Granted I think we have pretty stable power in Canada. So I did the un thinkable I took the Panamax completely out of my system and what I heard was un believable! Everything sounded less compressed, I had increaced dynamic range and an open air to the sound . Sound stage was deeper as well. Now when a symbol is hit it carries on and sounds real. There is no hiss in my system with out it and after speaking to the beople who built my equipment, I am confident they are built to withstand any surges. Do your self a favour, take this piece out of your system and compare sound quality.

Purchased At:   Retailer

Submitted by audiophreak a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
I noticed a distinct improvement the moment I put this in my power supply chain. Lower noise floor, improved dynamics, and no more annoying static pops on my Harman Kardon 7000 receiver. Get one of these if you live in a flaky power region like N. California!!!

Also makes it very handy to use my receiver's AC outlet to power up my whole system (including DLP projector) via the P1000+ remote voltage sensing turn-on.

Purchased At:   Internet E-tailer

Submitted by Gavin Pate a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
Used with my high-end equipment, I have acheived great sounds! When you spend $5,000+ on a home theater setup, why not protect your investment with PanaMax?

I have been pleased with mine and am glad I chose Panamax over Monster.

Purchased At:   belowretailaudio.com

Submitted by Tyler a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
Eric, I'm not sure what the hell you are talking about. My review as well as several others such as Anthony's, Peter's, and Vincent's seem like quality reviews. None of us use "flowery audio quality" language and our grammar is certainly acceptable. This is a quality product that has protected my gear during rolling blackouts, brownouts, and surges. As a plus, the high frequencies seem to have less "grit" or "hash". (I hope those adjectives are not too flowery for you.)

I'm sorry you are so insecure that you rely on the opinions of complete strangers to validate your purchase.

60.0 WA BLACK: