ORTOFON concorde spherical night club S Others

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

phonograph needle

Submitted by djmidge a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
I'm a DJ and I got these carts the same time I bought my new vestax decks.
I have to admit I think the Ortofon Concord DJ carts both look stunning on any turntable and the sound quality is equally as good.
The high end that these carts give out is amazing! They hold the groove on vinyl with no problems, some of my older records with monster scratches on them played as if they were brand new! But not only that, they continue to preform over a huge amount of time. I've had the same stylus on my carts since I bought them and thy still sound great after about 1 - 2 years heavy DJ'ing use!

Purchased At:   JB's Music Store (Lo

Submitted by Guillaume VIC a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
Ok guys (and ladies !), I have ever used many models of Ortofon needles on my Technics and (recently) Vestax turntables. The Ortofon needles send to the amp an excellent colorless signal, unexpectable for such a low price.
I know the Concorde headz have a very temptating design, slim & streamlined, which is really interesting when you need to perform mixes quickly & surely, but the trouble don't come from the stylus itself, but from the part with the connectics that fit inside the tonearm (::)which is Crap !! It's far narrower than the original attachments found on the stylus shell, and after a while (say 3 months +) it starts to make the whole thing clip, or you'll start to loose the stereo effect or the higher frequencies : a little twist on the Concorde and the trouble disappears, but it will come back...

It's the only reason I have finished to prefer OM rather than Concorde models. All Ortofon cells can be found with the 2 variants.

Purchased At:   Star's Music (Paris, France)

Submitted by Manoj a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 28, 1999

Bottom Line:
I needed to replace my tweeked kenwood needle for my pioneer turntable. I went to a local music superstore and I checked out some needles. Originally
I was going to only spend about 50 bucks, but then I layed my eyes on the
Orotofon needle set. I was kinda pressured into the DJ who was working there
to purchase it, I wasn't really ready to spend 160 something dollars with tax
on just a needle, but I said what the heck. I got home, installed it right away
in my turntable and played a record on it. I was truley amazed at the sound
quality!! I could actually hear very low stereophonic details on my old scratched records that I have never had heard before! I'm not a DJ although
this is a club needle, but for recording and just normal use, it just out
performs itself. I know it is expensive but you get it with an extra stylus
which costs 60 bucks itself. Comes with a very nice case and even a cleaning
brush. I would recommend this to anyone who listens to records regularly,
its worth it. You spent so much money buying those records, why not enjoy
them to the fullest by playing them with a high performance needle??? You
won't be disappointed.