Marigo Audio Lab Crossbow CD Mat Others

3.83/5 (6 Reviews)

Submitted by Cheeflo a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2005

Bottom Line:
I bought the Crossbow CD Mat after trying most of the other CD mats in the market. Each had shown improvement while using.
But the Crossbow blown them all away. Even the Ringmat Blue cannot even come close to the Marigo detail and control.
I see some review that says the Marigo does not work.
It would work well only if you set your CD player/transport nicely to isolate the vibration and interference to your music source.
In fact, the better your system and the better you tweak your system, the more your get out of the Marigo CD-mats.
It is the icing on the cake. It is the final touch after all that is done to improve your system. It works from the source.

The cd mat improves detail, imaging, separation, soundstage and offers tighter, much more controlled bass.

I have recommended to several friends and each of them swear that he can no longer listen to CDs with out the Marigo mat.

After using the Crossbow CD mat, I have bought the later Stealth CD/DVD Mat version 2 from Audio Advisor and the Gold signature CD/DVD Mat from Marigo Lab.
Each has their own character and merits.
Each of them offer great enhancement.

The newer versions are more analytical in details and the Crossbow to me is more warm and natural. But again it may be the diferent elements of the complex hifi system that makes the difference.

One system at my home is better with the crossbow and another with the later version Stealth CD Mats.

Initially I thought the cost of these mats are a bit expensive.
But after trying them, they worth every cent.

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by mikeacarroll a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2004

Bottom Line:
This review is for the Stealth DVD/CD mat and I have just returned it to Audio Advisor. To my ears, it does NOTHING to enhance the music from any of my digital sources. I have a Marantz DV-8400 Universal DVD/SACD/DVD-A player; Creek CD50 MK II brand new CD player, silver interconnects, Marantz S 9300 Receiver with a Marantz amp. This mat does not live up to any of the "hype" you read either from Marigo or Audio Advisor. To their credit AA were very good about the return of the item. I have just, today, returned it so I will wait for my refund.
Caveat Emptor when it comes to this mat.

Purchased At:   AudioAdvisor.com

Submitted by JoePlamin a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
I was interested to buy this product by recommendation from Music Direct, described as best CD tuning mat in the market. Before using it is a must to make it flat as much as possible. I have used some weight to bend in the center almost 2-3 days before using it. For my CD player, I have to load it carefully. If hearing something different from when you have not put the mat on CD, eject it immediately. Try other positions(move very tiny space) on top of your CD that you hear nothing when loading. So far I have no serious problem to use it.
When use it, I heard more 3 dimension and more analog sound from CD. Its performance is subtle but important. I am not saying you will get exact analog sound by using it but quite close than you may expect.
I gave 5 stars for overall rating for its performance but 3 stars for value rating as a little bit pricey in my feeling and difficult to use.
Recommended for serious audiophile.

Purchased At:   www.amusicdirect.com

Submitted by Chuck a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
I purchased this with a 30 day demo. I put it in my Cary CD303 CD player (on top of the CD - lable side). Close the drawer, hit play. What I hear is scraping. The mat on the internal mechanism of the player.
My mat was bowed. I followed the manufacturers instructions on bending the disc to flatten it the best I could. Risking possible damage to the CD player, I put it in again. Same scraping in the player.
I do not know if it works but I'll be generous and give it a three star anyhow. Five Stars to Audio Advisor for their totally NO Hassle way of doing business - they took it back no problem. I was only out my shipping.

Purchased At:   Audio Advisor

Submitted by Peter Gommers a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have used this product now for approximately 1 month; there is no way back. It is hard to listen to CD without this thin disk on top of the CD, after you have been spoiled by the effects of the CD Mat. The sound becomes sweeter, more liquid, more natural, less fatigueing, and details sound more realistic. The most evident (and most important to me) change in sound is the reduction of grain in voices.
The more resolution the system provides, the more you will hear and appreciate the effect.
As far as CD playback improvements go, this product gives "real bang for the buck". I give it 5 stars. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

60.0 WA BLACK: