Home | Reviews | Others | JVC

JVC HR S3600 Super VHS VCR Others

Submitted by Ken Hartman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is my first Super VHS, I recently bought an HDTV ready big Screen Toshiba TZ55V71 and wanted a VCR that would compliment my system by putting out a higher resolution picture and having S-video inputs and outputs. This VCR has got one of the best playbacks that I have ever seen. It is impossible to tell the difference between what is live and what is on tape. Being that the Toshiba is a great TV, it helps I'm sure. The only problems that I noticed were that it is a little noisey, But then again it is sitting on top of my big screen TV and not in a cabinet, the other issue I have is that the remote could be better designed and the instructions are not put together very well. For example, if you want to record on the fly, you have to hold both the play and record button at the same time. The same thing if you want to use the VCR remote to lets say adjust the TV volume, you have to hold the TV button while adjusting the volume button. It took me a couple days of playing with it, to determine that to use the input button you had to use the channel control, the instructions don't mention it and my last VCR had an input button that allowed you to choose your input. I have both satellite and antenna feeds and use the input for satellite because it is much cleaner. Once you can figure out how it works it works great. The feature that allows you to record using Super VHS on regular VHS tapes is great. Super VHS tapes are hard to find and cost three times as much.

Purchased At:   UBID