Densen DeMagic Others

3.64/5 (14 Reviews)

Demagnetising CD

Submitted by Jim5047 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2010

Bottom Line:
I just tried this product and it worked for me. I think a lot of people expect a night and day experience which you won't get. As all the other reviewers said, tighter bass, neutral midrange and cleaner highs.

I bought mine from a local charity shop and wondered myself whether it was foo but honestly glab i have it now.

Probably this product will work better if your cd player is a few years old or more as it won't make any difference to new ones IMO. For the modest outlay i paid it is worth every penny.

Submitted by paul B a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2004

Bottom Line:
Well...it's fairly subtle, if it does anything it's not much frankly. Maybe handy for much older systems that maybe will benefit. But if your system's nearly new ...what's the point. "IMHO" I think it should be sold with a clear message on the already excessive advertising that goes with the disc, that it may only benefit in certain circumstances...ie older hardware.

Purchased At:   sydney

Submitted by lisa a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2004

Bottom Line:
A disk that promises lots but delivers nothing.

Looks impressive, lots of gold graphics. Lots of Densens advertising is also included. Don't be fooled. Hope their amps and cd players are of more ethical quality. This cd is a dud.

Purchased At:   "hifi junction" in S

Submitted by andrewpaul a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2004

Bottom Line:
DENSEN DEMAGIC disk

I have tried this product on the basis of what has been said in this forum by others and also by checking with the hi-fi dealer from which I purchased it from. I also read the sales blurb in Densen literature.

I tried this disk in 3 different systems (2 home audio systems and a car cd player) all audio systems contain hardware that is in excess of 10 years old. An Ideal proving ground for this kind of disk (as confirmed by the hi-fi dealer). I took the procaution of playing a variety of music before and after running this "miracle" disk. Pop-rock, cuban music and classical...I listened to these repeatedly both before and after running the Demagic disk.
I would LIKE to report that this disk has some audible benefit.....but I did try hard to convince myself that it could do the things claimed by others in this forum. Sadly it did absolutely NOTHING.

I implore anyone who is tempted to try it, to first borrow this disk from a friend and try before you buy (before you WASTE your money).

Contrary to what others have said in this forum, it produces no audible benefits.

Sadly I seriously think that it does very little to enhance the Danish Densen Audio company's reputation. They may consider to either drop their name from this product or at the very least stipulate some sobering facts with their frankly over hyped claims attached to this disk.

To conclude: do not consider this product in any way a serious audio device.

If your cd player or dvd player seems to need a little pep you would be wiser to try a laser cleaner.

My next task is to ask for my money back...although it's only $39, and one could waste far more money than that in many other ways it's the principal that matters. No serious hifi manufacturer sould be selling this kind of audio "quackery"

Purchased At:   hifijunction

Submitted by MrAnderson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2004

Bottom Line:
i am more into comp. car audio ,but i thought my ageing home system (amp from new in '93) could do with a internal treat for all the years of trouble-free service. So i decided on this Densen Demagic CD

I ran the 3 minute track, whilst i was out of the room. Once i returned i played a wide variety of music (dance,rap,rock,classical) that i know very well. As well as 30 minutes of Radio 1.

In my system (whether it is just the circuit layout of it?) this CD works very well, sound is cleaner especially at the higher end of the spectrum with improved soundstage, more natural....bargain!
Worked just as well in my Car's system (High-end Competition set-up)

Densen recommend using once a week but i will leave it a month or two ,unless i hear a change in sound!

Purchased At:   on-line